Archive for the ‘Podcast’ Category
The Ron Santo statue was unveiled before Wednesday’s game against the Nationals. This is the fourth statue outside of Wrigley, with the others being Harry Caray, Ernie Banks and Billy Williams. Who should be the next Cub to be honored with a statue?
Buy or Sell?
- Buy or Sell that Santo will finally be inducted into Cooperstown next summer.
- Dusty Baker said this weekend that Mike Quade deserves more of a chance. He said that it seems like Cubs fans always want whoever is there to be fired. Buy or Sell Baker’s point?
- The Cubs seven game winning streak makes you optimistic about next season. (Buy or Sell?)
- This is the first time that we’ve done a show since the trade deadline, so are you buying or selling the Kosuke trade as a good move? What letter grade would you give Hendry’s deadline?
- Tony Campana’s inside-the-park home run electrified the crowd last week. Buy or Sell his chances of being an everyday starter at the big league level.
What’s the Word?
- Ron Santo was a _______ person.
- The fact that Ronnie was not inducted into the HOF before his death is ________.
- Santo’s broadcasting was ________.
- The fire that Mike Quade has shown this season, being ejected from five games, is _______.
Download the MP3 – Link
Episode 2 of the VFTB Radio show had this as the show agenda.
Reaction to an interesting idea from David Kaplan
What’s the Word?
- Last week Mike Quade made some controversial comments to the media, calling out middle infielders Starlin Castro and Darwin Barney while defending the play of his veterans. Quade’s comments were _____.
- Aramis Ramirez’s refusal to waive his no trade rights is _____.
- I am ______ that Jim Hendry has yet to make a trade in the month of July.
- My reaction to the Cubs sweep of the Astros was that of _____.
Over or Under
- 1.5 trades by Jim Hendry before Sunday’s deadline
- 0.5 more three game winning streaks for the Cubs this season
- 3.5 more blown saves by Carlos Marmol this season.
- 4.5 players on the current Cubs roster that will still be on the team when they return to the postseason
- 3.5 weeks until Brett Jackson is called up to the big leagues
This week we navigated a new ocean here on the site. It’s the introduction of VFTB Radio, designed to be a weekly podcast discussing the team. The topics discussed by Brandon, Jeremiah and me in the inaugural edition were:
1. Carlos Marmol’s recent struggles- how should the Cubs handle this? Will he return to form by the end of the season?
2. Did Mike Quade handle Marmol properly on Friday and Saturday?
3. Dave Bush Signing- Is it a good idea for the Cubs to take a chance on guys like Davis, Lopez, Ortiz & Bush?
4. Chris Carpenter Sent Back to AAA, Ortiz Stays in the Pen
5. Reaction to Ken Rosenthal’s Cubs trade deadline update (Link) & other pre-deadline thoughts
Enjoy and be sure to let us know your thoughts.
Download the show (13.5 mb / 29 min 30 sec)