- Lizzie = A funny, timely quote made on the VFTB site by our writers or commenters.
- Lizard = The best Lizzie.
- MVL = Most Valuable Lizzie’er: The person with the most Lizzies in the period under review (usually the past two weeks.)
- Top 10 of the 2015 Season = The folks with the most aggregate Lizzie points YTD (1 point for every Lizzie, 3 points for every Lizard.)
As you already know, this is all completely subjective and according to my whims.
- Jake, from State Farm.
- Happy Belated Birthday, Raker,
- Belated is right, it was in November.
- We only remember the brother we like.
- Jon Lester, proving once again he’s a “sometimes” ace.
- A most-of-the-time ticked off “ace.”
- The older I get, the more I realize that baseball, while I love it, is not all that important in the grand scheme of things.
- You know what, fuck Pete Rose. We should be done with this by now.
- Apparently you and I differ in that I am not willing to have carnal relations with him. I do agree with the sentiment that he just go away. The players that were his contemporaries that I have spoken with (small sample size, I know), uniformly think he does not belong because of the gambling. Probably hurts his chances that he was and is an arrogant prick.
- That’s a CAPS-like visceral hatred not normally displayed by you jswan? The hit king do something to you early in your formative stages?
- He was shoving umps when I was an impressionable young Cubs fan. I’m just sick of the whole thing..he was doing professional wrestling stuff for a while for christ sake. Idiot.
- IM AM SORRY BUT WE ARE PLAYING THE BEST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE WINNING 2-1 WITH AN UNHITTABLE PITCHER ON CRUISE CONTROL. LET HIM PITCH
- there are times when the best closer…is the starter. More managers need to understand that.
- [Strop] has yet to instill any confidence in anyone except the hitters.
- Please sit down if you are standing, I want to say something nice about Len Kasper.
- I leave town and the cubs loose 5 – what the hell were you guys doing while I was gone.
- We always need an in-house dork. I had no idea they kept percentages on soft and hard. Why hasn’t Seymour commented on this yet?
- Profuse apologies. I’ve been distracted. I only hope that Reed Johnson can forgive me.
- Stand Pat.
- Totally agree…the best move for the Cubs is probably going to be sitting this trade deadline out.
- Not that the game was that long, but a 0-0 tie that goes into extra innings is hardly riveting for most people. And Matt Forte was on a recorded episode of Celebrity Family Feud, so we had things to get to, you know.
- I come off of vacation and the cubs win 2. I’m just sayin.
- Why are we talking about the Cardinals?
- The Cubs need to hit, you can win against the Mets or Marlins with 1 or 2 runs but not the Cardinals, let’s get some runs.
- The Good: … Nobody was injured!
- Big shout outs to Sherm for his first 2015 Season Lizzie!!!! Thanks for being here!
- Congratulations to Seymour, our Most Valuable Lizzie-er this time! Way to go Butts!
Top 10 of the 2015 Season (one point for each Lizzie, three points for the Lizard)
1. Eddie von White
2. Seymour Butts
3. Doc Raker
5. Joe Aiello
8. Doug S.
- (I had to wrap things up a bit early this time around (Monday) but as usual I’ll pick up right where I left off so your gems won’t go to waste!) As you know, we’re approaching the All Star break. Usually I’m so done with the Cubs by this time of year I don’t mind it. Not so this year! I’ll miss having games to watch. And I’m not a big fan of the All Star festivities themselves. How about you? Will you take in the All Star game (et al) or will you fill your baseball time with a different endeavor during the break?