- Lizzie = A funny, timely quote made on the VFTB site by our writers or commenters.
- Lizard = The best Lizzie.
- MVL = Most Valuable Lizzie’er: The person with the most Lizzies in the period under review (usually the past two weeks.)
- Top 10 of the 2014 Offseason = The folks with the most aggregate Lizzie points YTD (1 point for every Lizzie, 3 points for every Lizard.)
As you already know, this is all completely subjective and according to my whims.
- Outstanding work EVW, Buhsmills on you this Thanksgiving Day. I give thanks to green vines, sunny summer days at Wrigley, the W flag when it fly’s and Lizzies- not necessarily in that order.
- Oh man – the best Thanksgiving ever. Thanks Lizzie!
- I’m thankful EVW pulled his head out of his ass and improved the leaderboard, and I’m thankful we found our Johnsons. And for the rest of you guys and my family and job and stuff. Go Cubs.
- I’m thankful for excel – without it what would become of the spreadsheet
- More importantly, what would become of you?
- As an accountant I’m also thankful for Excel, although I generally keep my spreadsheets limited to work purposes.
- I’m thankful I’m not an accountant.
- I’m thankful that it was 72 degrees in Omaha when I caught my flight back home Saturday. I’m thankful that I’m an owner of the best team in the NFL. And I’m also thankful that I am not an accountant.
- I’m thankful for my daughter being home for Thanksgiving, my son being studious; my wife being the best cook on the planet; our treadmill and endorphins…and you all.
- Aaron freaking Haarang.
- I’ll give the Cubs slightly better odds than the Red Sox and Giants, although there’s always the mystery team to be concerned about as well. If the mystery team is the Cardinals, however, we may need to cancel Christmas.
- If the mystery team is the Cardinals, I am all for canceling 2015.
- I hate premature anything.
- I wonder if Dave Martinez is waiting to see where Lester (and his wife) land before committing to his own future.
- That’s great, but I said something funny on the newer post so let’s wrap this up.
- Wait…wasn’t that the batboy?
- I hurried right over here in search of a funny comment – was not disappointed.
- Where is said funny comment? We already have one person who grandiosely self promotes and disappoints, don’t need another.
- It’s the one up there about the batboy. I said “Wait…wasn’t that the batboy?”
- Narry a snicker.. Maybe it needs a smatering of Johnsons mixed in.
- Wait…wasn’t that the batboy’s johnson?
- Yes that’s better. A hardy LOL to you sir.
- VFTB must behaving technical difficulties, that funny comment hasn’t been posted yet. I will check back later, I have to go promote myself in grandiose fashion else where.
- I equate being known as a good bunter with being known as a guy that likes to ride a scooter. Fun to do and probably personally rewarding, but not really something you want known about yourself.
- So the “S” in SBardo stands for scooter?
- Not according to my wife, but if I told you what SHE says it stands for, I’d get banned.
- I don’t know – things are really slow on the blog right now. I doubt if Lizzie would ban you – maybe scold you a bit.
- I get you two mixed up all the time.
- How about Moises Alou and his comrades that would pee on their hands…what was that worth in the world of WAR?
- It’s well established that pee hands is worth 0.5 WAR.
- That would be the fPEE stat over at fangraphs.
- what if you just had a bad run of luck with your pee?…pee hands WAR needs a BABIP to sort that out.
- Now that Lester is the ace for the foreseeable future, I’d love to see the Cubs add another #2/#3 type guy. It’s not a need, it’s a luxury…but one that would instantly make them a formidable contender.
- Log that in as 2 WhooHoos.
- it is hard to type a really good excited shout.
- Just hit the keys real hard.
- Caps lock helps too.
- Also add a lot of !!!!!!!!!!
- This is what year 4 of a 5-year plan looks like, guys. We’ve been trying to say this. Go Cubs!
- No one had their very first 2014 off-season Lizzie this time so let’s have a shout out for everyone! Thanks for being here!
- Congratulations to Eddie von White, our Most Valuable Lizzie-er this time! Third time around, go Eddie!
Top 10 of the 2014 Offseason (one point for each Lizzie, three points for the Lizard)
1. Eddie Von White
2. Doc Raker
4. Seymour Butts
5. Doug S.
7. Jerry in Wisconsin
9. Noah Eisner
It’s hard to believe, but the next GirlieView will run on Christmas Day! If you could ask the Cubs to make one more move as a gift to you between now and Christmas what would it be?