- Lizzie = A funny, timely quote made on the VFTB site by our writers or commenters.
- Lizard = The best Lizzie.
- MVL = Most Valuable Lizzie’er: The person with the most Lizzies in the period under review (usually the past two weeks.)
- Top 10 of the 2015 Off-Season = The folks with the most aggregate Lizzie points YTD (1 point for every Lizzie, 3 points for every Lizard.)
As you already know, this is all completely subjective and according to my whims.
- Jared owes 1.2B on his student loans.
- Sounds familiar.
- I would tag along with Raker.
- I’d buy the place next to Raker’s house and send my kids over there to raise hell.
- Treat Seymour to a fancy sub, like a chicken bacon ranch melt. Oh, and some Sun Chips.
- Did I mention I attended the no-hit game?
- No shit?
- one too many letters.
- I think Maddon gets credit for alleviating the yips
- So, St. Louis loses Jason Heyward. I feel bad for them, but at least they still have professional football. Oh, wait…
- the prices for these things just keep going up, but fans keep spending the money, so we can’t really complain too loudly at the organizations.
- All I can say is free market. Every game is sold out at Wrigley. People are willing to pay 9 bucks a beer and 120 to get in, so that’s what they charge.
- I know many were disappointed when he didn’t get the managing job here several years ago, but it wouldn’t have turned out well. It was probably better to let Mike Quade take the reins at the time.
- I am a big Ryne Sandberg fan but I had no delusions he would be a good manager. Great players don’t always make good managers.
- cue the Cindy Sandberg jokes in 3…2…
- Dave Martinez, Raphael Palmeiro and Seattle Slew walk into a bar…
- Why the long face?
- 12″ pianist?
- I now expect to see balls and strikes called automatically in my lifetime.
- Yes balls are now under constant observation and protection. No more just throwing the sack in a heap on the ground until needed. They now receive great care. We can all thank Tom Brady for that…or maybe it was Ming Sue at the massage parlor, I forget which.
- Did you know campers at Randy’s camp can request a high or low pitch from the pitching machine. “Hey, Randy, set that thing for thigh high cookies, can’t rake with pitches at my eyes.”
- Randy must not have heard about the 1887 rule change.
- Half of the campers love it, since camp rules like this take them back to the rules of their childhood.
- Right…and the other half are the older ones who can’t remember anything at all.
- It includes groupies, they bus them in from Sunset Assisted Living.
- Worth every penny – without question. Incredible once in a lifetime event. Except for Seymour, to whom it is an annual thing, kind of like a birthday, Christmas, or shower.
- They may have changed the strike zone in 1969, but they forgot to tell the umpires
- We had an intern start today… Calvin, spelled Kalvyn. Just stop it everyone.
- Probably best not to even talk to him. Parents must have raised him to be litigious.
- The league is going to do its best to adjust to this young team, and now they need to avoid any sophomore jinxes, and keep improving.
- Big shout out to cap’n realist for his first 2015 Off-Season Lizzie!!!! Thanks for dropping by!
- Congratulations to Sherm, our Most Valuable Lizzie-er this time! Way to go!
Top 10 of the 2015 Off-Season (one point for each Lizzie, three points for the Lizard)
3. Doc Raker
4. Doug S
5. Eddie von White
7. Seymour Butts
9. Nate Usher
10. Jerry in Wisconsin
10. Joe Aiello
10. Sean Powell
I might have hinted last time at maybe being a little bit tired of the off-season jibber jabber … look back, look ahead, what to expect, what went right, what went wrong, all of which points directly to our off-season boredom. So I’m going the pop culture route today. And it’s ok if you don’t like it. I’m sure a real baseball column will follow shortly!
I’m curious about what people like/dislike on TV. Especially during the winter months, which is pretty much the only time I watch any. I don’t watch much. But these shows come to mind for one reason or another, some of them because I watch them, others because they’re in the news, and others just to round out the list.
How about you? Do you watch and/or have any opinions about any of these shows?
a. Fargo (the series, not the 90s movie)
b. American Idol (you can admit it. We won’t hold it against you.)
c. Making a Murderer
d. Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee
e. Angie Tribeca
f. Last Man on Earth
g. Schitt’s Creek
And, do you have any other favorites? Just curious. Consider it a bit of a sociology experiment. And thanks for answering. You probably realize your participation in my chit chat (especially when it’s a silly topic) makes me happy. And a happy Lizzie awards more Lizzies.