- Lizzie = A funny, timely quote made on the VFTB site by our writers or commenters.
- Lizard = The best Lizzie.
- MVL = Most Valuable Lizzie’er: The person with the most Lizzies in the period under review (usually the past two weeks.)
- Top 10 of the 2014 Offeason = The folks with the most aggregate Lizzie points YTD (1 point for every Lizzie, 3 points for every Lizard.)
As you already know, this is all completely subjective and according to my whims.
- I’m taking the Thurs/Fri off work to do what many of you are doing – watching football and overindulging.
- I’m trying to find a way to get someone to watch my kids and then convince my wife to batch cook shirtless.
- I just decided to go to Joe’s house.
- Very generous of Doc to babysit Joe’s kids on Thanksgiving.
- I’m trying to find a way to get to Joe’s house on Thanksgiving.
- Party at Joe’s house!
- I’ll be rushing to a computer to check out the latest lizzies. Shortly thereafter, I’ll be watching Joe’s kitchen webcam.
- With both my sisters on the east coast, Thanksgiving is the one time of year in my family that everyone is together, which now includes 7 kids age 7 or younger, so lots of family stuff primarily at my parents’ house. Also putting up Christmas lights.
- I’ll spend my morning running my girls out of the kitchen and the afternoon food comatose. We finally managed to pull hosting duty, so I bet we’ll get into the wine early. Should be great.
- camping on the beach Sun.-Wed…traditional bird feast Thursday, and taking the new motor home to the Rose Bowl to tailgate for the UCLA/Stanford game on Friday. Should be a decent week.
- Going to enjoy some food and football. Thanks Lizzie for giving Thanksgiving some blog time. Most people seem to view Thanksgiving as the bastard child of holidays, but it is personally one of my favorites!
- Be funnier EVW…we’re counting on you.
- Man, nothing like pressure…usually when I try to be funny I fall flat – it has to be spontaneous. For example, a horse walks into a bar and the bartender says: “why the long face?”
- You see that is funny because horses actually have a long face.
- Congrats to EVW on the MVL this time around. Watchout, Seymour and JSwan get a little irritable with the folks ahead of them on the Lizzie board. Pay no attention to any disparaging remarks they might throw your way. You deserve your ranking, don’t let them tell you different. Bushmills on EVW for everyone! Set em up!
- I’ll buy a round of Bushmills any day if it gets me a Lizzie. Do Bushmills improve your eyesight?
- Does Bushmills improve your eyesight? It adds 2-4 points on the opposite sex attractive scale but does not increase acuity. After 4 Bushmills every girl is a 10. I only drink 1 or 2 Bushmills per sitting. Seymour does not drink alcohol but does try to get his dates to drink 4 Bushmills in hopes of upgrading his attractive rating.
- I’m off all of next week, so I’ll likely take advantage of that and sit around and watch football. The Canadian thanksgiving was last month, so I likely won’t be having any turkey next week though. EDIT: Whoops just realized U.S. Thanksgiving is not next week, but the week after. In which case I’ll be working and will miss watching football after all
- Saskatchewan Roughriders vs Ottowa Roughriders?
- Roughriders verse Trojans, page 23 Hustler magazine July 2012, great read.
- Trojans – Beavers is a way better match-up.
- I’ll be glued to the Internet looking for updates on the Carlos Zambrano comeback.
- Somebody is getting dealt. They didn’t trade for La Stella so he could sit.
- As a Braves fan, I loved La Stella… He was an anomaly in our lineup… Someone that didn’t strikeout… … The only negative I have to say about him is his defense… It is average at best…
- So what you’re saying is he is the exact opposite of Darwin Barney.
- Which reminds me…aren’t we supposed to be yammering on about platoons?
- It is the time of year when our taste buds turn to yams, so it would be appropriate to be yammering about plantains. I wonder if Joe’s wife will be batch cooking some of those on Thanksgiving?
- I believe Lester is the Cubs primary off-season target and to lose out on him would be a slight kick in the rebuild seeds, but not something that would knock everything off course.
- I always hope to not get kicked in the rebuild seeds
- Jeff Samardzija was an All-Star,
- Remember his hair-do? Classic.
- Heard a rumor he once played football.
- Aren’t you curious as to who it was who told Joe to give himself credit for # 7? I’m thinking it was the same people who demanded he do that other thing.
- Who wants to buy a free ticket to the Jets/Bills game in Detroit tonight? Some people are amazing.
- We need a new post…this thread seems to have broke Doug.
- What happened to that guy who was always hawking his 105 reasons book? I think he could bring Doug back.
- I think we need a new thread, but to be clear I am not demanding 3 truths and a lie.
- Shout-out to God for making the blog via re-tweet.
- Don’t you just hate it when people try to play God
- Somebody has to.
- Pretty sure that is legit…beard and everything.
- But the twitter account doesn’t have that little “verified” checkmark so perhaps it is an imposter.
- I’m not one to question such things. Spectacles, testicles, wallet, and watch.
- Condiment fingers – over exposed. Ask Joe Anything – under answered. 3 truths and a lie – anti-climatic
- Big shout outs to Andy, Bryan, and Joe Aiello for their first 2014 off-season Lizzies!!!! P.S. Bryan, I agree, it’s my favorite!
- Congratulations to Eddie von White, our Most Valuable Lizzie-er this time! Way to go Eddie!
Top 10 of the 2014 Offseason (one point for each Lizzie, three points for the Lizard)
1. Eddie Von White
2. Doc Raker
4. Seymour Butts
5. Doug S.
6. Jerry in Wisconsin
8. Noah Eisner
Happy Thanksgiving! What are you thankful for? Don’t be shy!