- Lizzie = A funny, timely quote made on the VFTB site by our writers or commenters.
- Lizard = The best Lizzie.
- MVL = Most Valuable Lizzie’er: The person with the most Lizzies in the period under review (usually the past two weeks.)
- Top 10 of the 2014 Season = The folks with the most aggregate Lizzie points YTD (1 point for every Lizzie, 3 points for every Lizard.)
As you already know, this is all completely subjective and according to my whims.
- Whoever I pick for #1 will go on to have a HOF career if he is traded. That is my luck.
- As much as all Cubs fans wanted him to be manager one of the best moves Theo made was not hiring him as manager.
- I like a manager that plays the best player regardless of contract and or service time.
- I flipped over to Len on the Cubs broadcast and learned that Michael Buble will be performing live on Dancing with the Stars.
- I think that Michael Buble is dreamy. Maybe not Geo Soto dreamy, but dreamy nonetheless.
- How do you think these injuries conversations go? So Edwin we think your side is hurting, how about a DL stint and rehab assignment?
- Watching the same amount of Cubs games, which is every opportunity. It’s now the time of year when I get the “why?” from other baseball fans at the sports bar. Or maybe I’m wrong and that’s all year.
- I also want to thank my teammates here at the VFTB who toss up some serious batting practice lunch meat to be knocked around the VFTB yard.
- I remember that for sure. I went by SB2 then, and my avatar was a picture of Seymour’s buttcrack next to another picture of Seymour’s buttcrack.
- Len would like the Cubs to play them in Baltimore next time, since he hasn’t seen their new park yet.
- There is nothing more exciting that watching a kid from the minors come up and get his first chance.
- Word has it Soler batch cooks plantains.
- It only makes sense, Doc. Young players like Soler are on the road, a lot. Factor in double headers and extra cuts in the cage…you are going to be wiped most nights. Batch cooking plantains on a rare day-off is definitely the way to go. You can scoop a bunch into your mitt on the way out the door.
- Glass half full, this is the best thing for Baez to see how good the pitching is at this level. He knows he has to continue to get better.
- From what I’ve seen, his two issues are very workable and very common: he’s susceptible to the high fastball with two strikes and generally susceptible to breaking pitches low and away.
- I think 2015 will be an exciting year.
- They both now enjoy sitcom celebrity status in Japan’s remake of The Odd Couple. LaHair plays the messy Oscar Madison and Fukudome is the metro sexual Felix Unger. Th episode where Fukudome gets lost in a pile of dirty laundry when walking into LaHair’s bedroom was classic. Fukudome had to be rescued by their friend Murray the cop played by Julio Zuleta.
- Is that the one where LaHair keeps mistaking Kosuke’s cup for a miso soup bowl? Classic.
- I thought Hee Seop Choi was the cop…
- Hee Seop Choi and Micah Hoffpauir were the Pigeon sisters.
- LaHair agreed to the part provided that he also get to play Quincy, M.E. in the Japanese remake of that, called “Yuso dead.”
- We need to have every prospect debut in Cincy.
- Ask and you shall receive…
1. That Koyie Hill could sure hit!
2. I love the way Dusty Baker handled the Cubs pitching staff.
3. Junior Lake looks like a future All Star.
4. I really miss Darwin Barney.
5. The Cubs need to bunt more often.
- 6. Len Kasper is an exciting baseball broadcaster.
- 7. The Cubs should put James Russell back in the starting rotation.
- Two different call-ups with three bombs in their first three games…and both had a multi-HR game. I feel bad for Kris Bryant. Anything less than instant dominance and he’s going to be “the other guy.”
- Be careful what you wish for.
- Has anyone ever been called up from Fantasy Camp? MLB should allow a 41 man roster and that 41st spot has to be a Fantasy Camper. The Camper would pay $100,000 to travel with the team and get a certain number of at bats and innings played on D during the month of September. Maybe the team could auction off the spot, think of the possible revenue a team could generate.
- It’s been done. Remember AAAron Miles?
- EJax on the 15 Day DL…Bruised ego.. I mean…strained right Lat.
- Big shout outs to Jedi and Kizzfastfists for their first 2014 in-season Lizzies!!!! Thanks for being here!
- Congratulations to Doc Raker, our Most Valuable Lizzie-er this time! Way to go Doc!
Top 10 of the 2014 Season (one point for each Lizzie, three points for the Lizard)
2. Doc Raker
3. Seymour Butts
4. Eddie Von White
5. Joe Aiello
6. Doug S.
9. Sean Powell
10. Mark From Toronto
10. Noah Eisner
Who would you like to see the Cubs call up next?