- Lizzie = A funny, timely quote made on the VFTB site by our writers or commenters.
- Lizard = The best Lizzie.
- MVL = Most Valuable Lizzie’er: The person with the most Lizzies in the period under review (usually the past two weeks.)
- Top 10 of the 2014 Season = The folks with the most aggregate Lizzie points YTD (1 point for every Lizzie, 3 points for every Lizard.)
As you already know, this is all completely subjective and according to my whims.
- Ok, I’ll bite. What is a walk tool?
- I’m trying the saber thing where you say a baseball word and then “tool.” Then you say a number that doesn’t really mean anything.
- Excellent! One thing I often think of when reading about advanced metrics is what great tools they must be.
- Wax cup toast, bud. Not as definitive as a glass glass, but the ice does make some noise when it bumps around in the Mountain Dew.
- Nate Schierholtz was DFFC, designated for fantasy camp. Nate will now be free to roam the fantasy camp locker rooms and dine with Seymour. What will it be, Italian baked with provolone, turkey and swiss or tuna melt on squaw?
- I wonder what type of Sun Chips Nate will go for. I’m thinking Garden Salsa.
- I’d like to thank the lowest common denominator, the source of all good grade school humor.
- I’m not so sure this team will make the playoffs next season, but I do think they will be a definite improvement over this year (it really can’t get any worse than 0.0% playoff odds).
- In years past the Cubs have took a lot of losses after the trade deadline. This year they seem to be getting better after the trade deadline.
- It’s been fun to follow these prospects in the minors the last few years, but I am looking forward to shifting my attention to the big league club.
- All Cub fans are welcome on the bandwagon, genius fans and ignorant fans……………why argue over who is who…..
- You guys are starting to get that late season chippyness. Where’s the April love on VFTB?
- My guess is one or two guys will not vote Jeter in the first year. Then they might get interviewed to explain.
- The differences in talent between this group and the current one is fully understood, but it does show why we shouldn’t worry about a logjam of players at one spot.
- My sweat factor is way down with this years pen compared to last year.
- Amen. I have cut my Rolaids bill down by nearly 50%!
- There is no money going into the curse jar.
- Do you believe man can control the climate?
- More importantly, I know it’s possible for a man to control the climate in his bedroom. It’s very easy to make that a very cold place, so be careful.
- Will you be my friend?
- Do you have chocolate?
- Yes. Come over and have some with me.
- At which exhibit at the National Zoo would you feel most comfortable naked?
- Definitely the monkey / ape house. I’m a hairy dude.
- Monkeys are known to throw some pretty unpleasant things,
- it’s true, but they have good aim, and usually target cardiologists and optometrists….
- What happened to the prom dress link?
- Unfortunately, the demand for prom dresses appears to have decreased as more and more girls are skipping the prom and just going right to the hotel with their date. No need to spend the money on a fancy dress.
- When you dine with Seymour do you bring reading material so you are not bored?
- I have only had the privilege of dining with capn obvious (he paid), Tom C (he always pays), and Chet (comped meal). In the event that Seymour would like to visit, I’d be glad to let him pay and I would be facinated to know how he took the photo at that angle for his avatar.
- Len Kasper was intrigued by The Pumpkin Eaters new release “Banana Jack”. He said he couldn’t wait to see them live in October. DeShaie’s was busy breaking down the quality starts delivered by Kyle Hendricks and that Wada guy. Len thought Wada was a hip hop artist.
- I’ll always have a spot for Jackson in my Cubs history books, but unfortunately a good thing can’t last forever. Goodbye, Brett.
- Now if only the Cubs could find someone to take the other Jackson off our hands.
- 2 Johnsons are missing, maybe it’ll be 2 Jacksons next.
- As Met’s broadcaster said, “The Cubs have always lived and died, mostly died, with free swinging teams. Sure there have been exceptions like Mark Grace and Bill Buckner but this free swinging team are easy outs for guys with good sink or good sliders like Familia (the Mets reliever at the time). Len was heard commenting on the Beatles show at Shea Stadium back in the day and how he wished he could have been there. “Maybe the Beatle tribute band Fab Four will play at Citi Field soon, that would be fun. Strike 3, that’s 14 K’s for Met’s pitchers today. It’s really hard to tell the difference between the Fab Four and the real Beatles sometimes”
- Len said the ball landed in what will be back stage seats for the upcoming Night Ranger concert next weekend at Citifield. Sister Christian will be the warm up band for the show, Len is stoked.
- I think the Cubs are getting better with every call up and trade and it has been a long time since the Cubs finished a season stronger than they started.
- Big shout outs to Bryan, and Michael Rice for their first 2014 in-season Lizzies!!!! Thanks for being here!
- Congratulations to Doc Raker, our Most Valuable Lizzie-er this time! Way to go Doc!
Top 10 of the 2014 Season (one point for each Lizzie, three points for the Lizard)
2. Doc Raker
3. Seymour Butts
4. Eddie Von White
5. Joe Aiello
6. Doug S.
9. Mark From Toronto
10. Noah Eisner
10. Sean Powell
Are you watching/listening to more, less, or the same amount of Cubs baseball as you were before the All-Star break? And how much is that?