- Lizzie = A funny, timely quote made on the VFTB site by our writers or commenters.
- Lizard = The best Lizzie.
- MVL = Most Valuable Lizzie’er: The person with the most Lizzies in the period under review (usually the past two weeks.)
- Top 10 of the 2014 Season = The folks with the most aggregate Lizzie points YTD (1 point for every Lizzie, 3 points for every Lizard.)
As you already know, this is all completely subjective and according to my whims.
- Long time lurker, first time poster…
- I had to think about that, but I’ll go with Rizzo right now.
- I am not sure I have a favorite cub, I am rooting the hardest for Olt. Hit the Ball Darn it!
- Old Milwaukee Light in the cooler…help yourselves!
- Ryan Braun light beer sounds like punishment.
- Houston has won 6 games in a row leaving the cubs alone for the first pick in the 2015 draft. So we have that going for us. When is the last time the cubs have won 6 in a row?
- Cite your spreadsheet and get back to us.
- How in the hell did the cubs hit him? Another baffling thing about this team.
- Hello Kim099 What brings you around here? Just an FYI, Seymour likes to take his dates to Subway, CAPS batch cooks eggs and oatmeal, Jswan is busy with 2 small children and I like a nice chewy Cab to go with my steak. My wife usually goes with a salad or fish which is OK by me, I love a nice piece of fish also. Mark your calendar for the VFTB spring training weekend next March. We hope to see you there.
- Raker, you might want to click on her photo and read some of the posts before you get too excited about a new member.
- I have some bad news my friends of VFTB. Our new visitor the other day, Kim , I don’t think she is a sincere Cubs fan
- I think she’s a he.
- I did not catch that EVW. Good thing I didn’t tell he/she where we would be dinning next March at the VFTB spring training weekend.
- I try to be on my toes all the time.
- How many Subways are there?
- There are currently 32 Subways in Mesa AZ alone. I’ve been to several.
- The one by the retirement community really hooks it up with the banana peppers.
- The Chrissy Ruth’s in Scottsdale is nice. I brought my son there on our first father son spring training trip back in 2005. We ate like the ball players eat after a busy day of spring training. He had a mini filet medium rare, I let him taste my Caymus cabernet and then he fell asleep at the table. We put 2 chairs together and the waiter brought a table cloth to cover him up and let him sleep while Capn Obvious and I finished off the cab while talking Cubs baseball. It is one of my most favorite memories.
- So I’m correct on the take that you have given alcohol to minors in public, that one such minor drank enough to pass out, and that you showed your concern by covering him with a shroud instead of a trip to the ER. Father of the year material .
- Carbon dating definitively set the Shroud of Scottsdale in the Atkins Diet epoch. Doc gets a pass here.
- Curses… the one person who appreciates sciences here is my undoing.
- Veras gets the ol’ DFA. Perhaps he should track down Marmol and Gregg and start pitching a sitcom.
- With both Rondon and Wright having babies in May is seem that they, or at least their wives, were focusing on something other than baseball last September.
- Maybe they were trying to help Theo and Jed in the prospect department.
- Joe, good to see you took some time to “dork out”
- If someone else is willing and you can get back a huge amount of booty for him, make the deal.
- I’m all for more booty.
- When you’re team isn’t very good, it’s nice to have an off day.
- Apparently if you get the game winning hit, it means you’ve turned the corner on your season.
- While watching last night’s game I noticed that Arrieta wears Carlos Marmol’s old number (49) on his jersey. Based on this, I became convinced there was no chance of victory for the Cubs, fortunately they surprised me with a victory afterall. Perhaps Jake might want to consider another number going forward.
- Obviously I wasn’t listening to Len’s call of the Coghlan at bat but I would assume it went something like, “Ball 1. Jimmy Buffett is in town next week, great seats still available. Strike 1 on the outside corner. I love that Margaritaville. Curve ball outside, 2-1.” DeShaies, “that’s a tough curve ball on a lefty hitter.” Len, “How many hits does Jimmy Buffett have?” DeShaies, “The Cubs just not getting much offense tonight, we need a base runner here.” Len, “Sirius XM radio has it’s own station devoted to Jimmy Buffett, I love listening to XM, the Bruce Springsteen station is pretty good to, love that sax player. There’s a deep drive, that could be, it’s outta here, 1-1 tie game. Why they took the Led Zeppelin station off XM I will never know, those guys are the best ever.” Deshaies, “A rare lefty lefty home run for Coghlan.” Len, “I hope we don’t go into extra innings, Boy George is on Jimmy Falon tonight.”
- Of your OPS+ is significantly lower than Forrest Gump’s IQ, you should forfeit your spot on the 40-man roster.
- Maybe filling the roster with a bunch of 5’10” utility men wasn’t a great idea.
- The Jim Hendry mediocre middle infielder roster syndrome strikes again. It’s a second strain of the dreaded MMIRS.
- It has already spread to the outfield. Lord have mercy.
- That’s a 3rd generation strain, MMORS.
- Pat and Coomer are pretty good. It’s hard to call them Pat and Ron since Santo was the Ron I always think when I say Pat and Ron.
- Though every game I watch, I want the Cubs to win, I also look at the standings and don’t want the Cubs to move out of that first place draft order. Kind of schizophrenic, I know.
- Testing… I’m trying to get my picture back
- Hey. There it is.
- Hey, maybe our new visitor will like that picture. Good thinking.
- It’s bigger and clearer than ever.
- This team sweeping a series from anyone aside from St. Mary’s School for the Blind or my 8U USSSA team brings the blind squirrel theorem to mind.
- “Welcome to beautiful Wrigley Field, Home of the Chicago Cubs, the winningest team in baseball in the month of June.”
- Kendry lost $6.4M by not accepting the Seattle deal back in the spring.
- Ego combined with a shady agent whispering lies in his ear is the likely reason.
- Ken must have a very dry morale right about now.
- I appreciate your wordplay, sir.
- I appreciate your use of the word “sir”.
- Get a room, you two.
- 40 draft rounds and not one Carlos taken by the Cubs. We’re turning the corner.
- I saw Yogi Berra at Don and Charlies in Scottsdale a few years ago. He was definitely lost.
- You must have been lost as well, unless Don figured out how to make a Cold Cut Combo.
- Chicken Schnitzel on rye, toasted. Seymour asked Don if he can pay an extra $1 for a bag of chips and a fountain drink. “You do the combo here Don?”
- Isn’t this just a rehash of a comment I made a week or so ago? Can I get a contributor shout out here?
- Let’s all have a moment of silence for one of the great characters of the game, Don Zimmer
- Big shout out to SouthKakalakiCubsFan for his first 2014-season Lizzie this week! Welcome!!
- Congratulations to Doc Raker our Most Valuable Lizzie-er this time! Way to go Doc!
Top 10 of the 2014 Season (one point for each Lizzie, three points for the Lizard)
1. Doc Raker
3. Seymour Butts
4. Eddie Von White
5. Joe Aiello
6. Doug S.
9. Chet West
9. Jerry in Wisconsin
9. Mark From Toronto
Anyone have any exciting vacation plans this summer?