- Lizzie = A funny, timely quote made on the VFTB site by our writers or commenters.
- Lizard = The best Lizzie.
- MVL = Most Valuable Lizzie’er: The person with the most Lizzies in the period under review (usually the past two weeks.)
- Top 10 of the 2014 Season = The folks with the most aggregate Lizzie points YTD (1 point for every Lizzie, 3 points for every Lizard.)
As you already know, this is all completely subjective and according to my whims.
- odds are strong that the Cubs will draft their most promising pitcher since Mark Prior this season.
- Perhaps they can end the month on high note tonight….a high note being a Cubs win or even another rainout.
- I hate when the Cubs are out of contention but at least this year we do have some new young talent to evaluate and see, at least we aren’t watching overpaid tired free agents waiting to be shipped out.
- In case you were not aware, Darwin Barney hasn’t been performing too well at the plate in the last year or so.
- That first sentence is a work of art.
- “it’s not appropriate for polite company”…. ???? Lizzie, you’re talking to US..!!
- “Holy shit how did that happen?” would have been my first choice.
- For those playing along at home in the question of if Castro’s home run total would be more or less than his error total, the score is now tied at four.
- The only difference is, my job does not rely on these guys making it. (Well, that might not be the only difference).
- I keep wondering if I should change my screen name, but sadly it remains appropriate
- If he can play OF he’s probably better than 2 of our 3 current OF’s.
- A corpse could be better than a couple of players in the MLB roster.
- Don’t look now. The Cubs have surged into 4th. Here comes October baseball!
- the Cubs now sport a shiny new three game win streak.
- It’s possible the cubs have the worst outfield in the league.
- Kris Bryant, no relation to Kobe although he loves the beef, left the game yesterday with a stomach virus after watching the Barwin Darney take an AB.
- That doesn’t add up. The rookies are charged with making sure there is a fresh roll of Tums in Darwin’s purse’s little zipper pouch before the game.
- Tums give away day. Every fan who attends a game in which Barwin Darney starts gets a free roll of Tums to lesson the nausea of watching his AB’s.
- Variety is the spice of life.
- My Bad. I was not actually aware we had topics. I thought this was just a forum to eviscerate other commenters.
- Send him down to AAA, trade him, release him, DFA him, put him on the wrong plane coming back from a road trip, lock him in the bathroom at the Appleby’s after the team dinner just keep him out of the line up.
- I’d eat batch-cooked spaghetti before I’d take on a steak from Appleby’s.
- In defense they served a decent beer last time I was there.
- I started a Tennessee Smokies blog. View From the Smokies
- need a spreadsheet guy?
- Absolutely! I think you will have a better time spreadsheeting the Smokies than the hapless Cubs.
- How good would this Smokies team be if someone batch cooked them fresh food and then flash freezes it in a vacuum pack to reheat on long bus rides? I would think at least 5 games in the standings, that’s a BCWAR +5 for you saber guys
- That explains a lot. The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.
- Jswan- say something witty, Lizzie is bored also.
- Rebuilding a baseball team is the pits.
- Big shout outs to Dork and Dusty Baylor for their first 2014-season Lizzies this week! Thanks for being here!
- Congratulations to Doc Raker our Most Valuable Lizzie-er this time! Great job!
Top 10 of the 2014 Season (one point for each Lizzie, three points for the Lizard)
2. Joe Aiello
2. Seymour Butts
4. Doc Raker
5. Eddie Von White
6. Chet West
7. Doug S.
7. Jerry in Wisconsin
9. Darlin Starlin
9. Noah Eisner
9. Sean Powell
Who will be the first to be traded from the current 25-man Cub roster?