- Lizzie = A funny, timely quote made on the VFTB site by our writers or commenters.
- Lizard = The best Lizzie.
- MVL = Most Valuable Lizzie’er: The person with the most Lizzies in the period under review (usually the past two weeks.)
- Top 10 of the 2014 Season = The folks with the most aggregate Lizzie points YTD (1 point for every Lizzie, 3 points for every Lizard.)
As you already know, this is all completely subjective and according to my whims.
- There is just something that gets me excited when I hear the words “blue drizzle”.
- Emilio Bonifacio needs to know how sorry I have for having said anything bad about him when we signed him
- Themed fried dough is the best type of fried dough.
- The Cubs were apparently waiting for Lizzie to start the season.
- First Lizzie in almost a year. I’m turnin this franchise around.
- Wash your hair, Bill.
- A word of warning, multiple vigorous scrubbings of some areas of the body can lead to addiction.
- Ricketts is selling, let’s take up a collection and buy the Cubs. Anyone got a billion sitting around?
- Please tell me that I’m not the only one that is ridiculously excited that Cubs baseball is back.
- And please tell me I’m not the only one who is… concerned about the RISP problem.
- We are only 2 out of first and 2 out of the wild card, we are still in contention as predicted.
- It didn’t sound like let’s go Cubbies, it sounded like 34,000 teeth chattering.
- 34,000 teeth. Most adults have 32, but if you apply the state of Illinois deliverance factor of .9 (pretty good, by the way) that equals ~1180 fans. Seemed like more. For contrast 34,000 teeth at Busch ~ 1800 fans.
- 34,000 teeth at Busch equal 38,000 fans.
- Maybe we can all pitch in and get you a broader Sharpie.
- I blame Jswan, He went with the triangle mouth and then ditched it, and things went downhill from there.
- Joe’s soft pop rock jam of the day selections aren’t afraid to explore matters of the heart.
- I didn’t know he had such a tender side.
- About the only circumstance where it seems too long is watching a game on TV doing absolutely nothing else. If that is how you watch anything, get off your lard ass and do something.
- Any coach or manager who comes on to the field to discuss something with a player, must forfeit 1 inch of any bodily appendage for each trip. This will make sure these are really important. A manager must retire when he has been whittled away.
- Did you mean to say what we should expect from Bonafacio, or what we would accept?
- Did we wet the bed or Schlitt the bed?
- Chin up, Wes.
- Perhaps Wright’s nine day absence was due his strong resemblance to a bat boy.
- Maybe JCPenny had jean shorts on clearance. You never know. Speaking of jorts, would somebody go find our Johnsons…this is getting concerning.
- I know where my Johnson is.
- It’s just like American Express…I don’t leave home without it.
- Somebody should make a website about this stuff. I bet somebody would use something like that.
- Agreed. It’s a chore calculating this stuff by hand with my abacus.
- I’ll fax you my slide rule guy’s number.
- My fax paper is all out. Can you Morse code it to me?
- My tapper arm broke off my Morse machine…I hope my carrier pigeon makes it through Appalacians.
- What do you say to a White Sox fan who has bad breath? … Go brush your tooth.
- Big shout outs to Jerry in Wisconsin and Katie (coincidentally also in Wisconsin) for their first 2014-season Lizzies this week! Hugs and kisses!
- Congratulations to jswanson, our Most Valuable Lizzie-er this time! You rock!
Top 10 of the 2014 Season (one point for each Lizzie, three points for the Lizard)
2. Joe Aiello
2. Seymour Butts
4. Doc Raker
4. Eddie Von White
6. Chet West
6. Sean Powell
9. Chris Neitzel
9. Darlin Starlin
9. Doug S.
9. Jerry in Wisconsin
Who is your favorite Cub right now? (25-man roster)