- Lizzie = A funny, timely quote made on the VFTB site by our writers or commenters.
- Lizard = The best Lizzie.
- MVL = Most Valuable Lizzie’er: The person with the most Lizzies in the period under review (usually the past two weeks.)
- Top 10 of the 2013/2014 Offseason = The folks with the most aggregate Lizzie points YTD (1 point for every Lizzie, 3 points for every Lizard.)
As you already know, this is all completely subjective and according to my whims.
- At the risk of seeming overly spirited, a. I miss the everydayness of baseball.
- I think I got zipped out on the Lizzies, this is horrific. Not as horrific as the Cubs have been and look to be in 2014 but horrific none the less.
- You and me both, Doc, but you must pull yourself together and try to go on. You’re just in a slump. It’s not personal. Lizzie loves everyone the same.
- What part of this do you not understand: Lizzie = A funny, timely quote made on the VFTB site by our writers or commenters.
- “Now batting number 89 Will Shoeman, he played in AA last year and had the most doubles on Tuesday evenings in the month of May for the team.” Drivles Len Kasper. “It is Friday morning right now so let’s see how this at bat goes for Will.”
- Starlin Castro got the spring training kiss of death from Bruce Levine earlier today…”He’s in the best shape of his life.”
- You left Socci before the Canadian verse USA mens hockey game?
- Talk to Joe. He didn’t give me enough in my VFTB expense account to stay any longer.
- Which begs the questions, How much did Joe have to pay you to risk your life in Russia, and did you adopt any Russian Wolfhounds?
- Personally I do not like a leadoff man that gets on base 28.4% of the time….but that’s just me. The sad thing is that I would have no idea who would be a better option at the leadoff role…
- I have to agree with you Bill Fell, I would think Castro belongs in the 2 or 3 hole since he loves to swing. Can you believe I got zipped out on the Girlieview Lizzies? Does that seem right to you?
- Is it just me, or do more threads die with some weird ass Raker-rant?
- Nope, they usually die after a tangential CAPS response to a weird ass Raker-rant.
- Expos are due.
- I think it’s prudent to worry about the defense.
- and the few min after where we say goodbye and gaze into each others virtual eyes and say “you hang up first, no you hang up first”
- Worst Case Scenario: Jackson keeps striking out in 30% percent of his plate appearances and never sniffs the Majors again. Or, ever worse, he never sniffs the Majors again for the Cubs, gets DFA’d, the Cardinals pick him up, and then they magically fix him with that human sacrifice altar they have under Busch Stadium.
- I thought Renteria came off fine, way better than Quade or Sveum ever did.
- Darwin? Is that you?
- Yes, it is, only it isn’t.
- Here’s an item: eggs come from a chicken’s cloaca. Google that orifice and check back in.
- The good thing about the season being close is that even if we all hate each other, once the season starts we will all be rooting for the Cubs.
- Congratulations to Bill Fell and Dusty Baylor, both with their first off-season Lizzie this time around. Thanks for being here!
- Congratulations to Doc Raker and Jerry in Wisconsin, our co-Most Valuable Lizzie-ers!
Top 10 of the 2013/2014 Offseason (one point for each Lizzie, three points for the Lizard)
2. Doc Raker
3. Seymour Butts
4. Eddie von White
5. Sean Powell
6. Joe Aiello
8. Doug S.
9. Jerry in Wisconsin
10. Jedi Johnson
Let’s see, by now you might have a few spring training games under your belt, or if not you might at least be starting to peek at the roster options. Here’s a simple question. Who is your current favorite Cub? Mine is George Kottaras.