- Lizzie = A funny, timely quote made on the VFTB site by our writers or commenters.
- Lizard = The best Lizzie.
- MVL = Most Valuable Lizzie’er: The person with the most Lizzies in the period under review (usually the past two weeks.)
- Top 10 of the 2013/2014 Offseason = The folks with the most aggregate Lizzie points YTD (1 point for every Lizzie, 3 points for every Lizard.)
As you already know, this is all completely subjective and according to my whims.
- the only suggestion I’d make is to consider having open threads (Game 35 – Open Thread) when daily game threads become too much.
- Wait!? Your mouth is not in the shape of a triangle? I am confused…
- It took 3 surgical procedures to smooth out the corners. I think it turned out nicely.
- The drawback is that his kids’ shape-sorting skills are going to diminish quickly.
- I am very happy to be a co-MVL with Seymour!
- I suggest you pick the place of dinning for the Co MVL celebration.
- Hopefully there is a subway near Don and Charlie’s.
- C’mon Seymour, at least upgrade to a toasted bun over at Quizno’s.
- We’ll have lunch at Subway and dinner over at Don and Charlie’s. Raker is invited.
- If we invite Raker we will triple the wine bill.
- You buy lunch, I’ll buy dinner, and Raker can buy the drinks.
- I’m honored to share the spot light with EVW as well.
- Very good self- marketing ploy on behalf of Richard Sherman.
- Bryan LaHair was released by his Japanese team. It will be interesting to watch the next episode of our favorite Japanese sitcom to see how they deal with this disappointment.
- That episode pretty much writes itself.
- the Cubs’ farm system is rocking the charts these days.
- I blame Norm.
- What ever happened to Dave? He would crap on anyine’s cornflakes.
- Dave’s not here
- , man.
- I am pretty sure anybody with a baseball marble in their head will consider the upcoming 2014 Cubs season a wash.
- Even when they win during this fine stretch of futility, I feel like they are losing.
- yes we were the first group to play any organized ball on these fields.
- I have reservations about whether or not we could call Randy camp either organized or baseball.
- Getting the pitching machine a jersey would be a step in the right direction.
- I love the Cubs because I am a baseball fan…I don’t love baseball because I am a Cubs fan.
- before sabermetrics were the trend, before prospects were analyzed to death, and before the rooftops had seats on them, before Twitter was a thing, baseball was just… baseball.
- Arguing with strangers on the internet about frivolous details strips joy out of the sport and makes enemies of people who would normally have been friends
- What’s so bad about loving baseball without all the extra stuff?
- To me the beauty about baseball is how you can enjoy it on so many levels.
- the logistics of digging into the batters box without a pissed off wife at home are mind boggling.
- I always made it my priority to make sure that kid got a hit or succeeded in some way on the field to contribute.
- Baseball is one of the few things in the world that humans can’t ruin no matter how hard they try. Beer falls into that category as well.
- I believe in what they are doing, but I don’t have to enjoy it.
- A hearty shout out to Chet West and Still not Dave, each contributing his first off-season Lizzie(s) this time around.
- We have three folks tied for Most Valuable Lizzie’er this time! Congratulations to Chet West, jswanson, and Seymour Butts. Keep up the good work gentlemen!
Top 10 of the 2013/2014 Offseason (one point for each Lizzie, three points for the Lizard)
1. Doc Raker
3. Eddie von White
3. Seymour Butts
5. Sean Powell
7. Joe Aiello
8. Jedi Johnson
9. Doug S.
Chit Chat (Olympics Edition)
These are the sports of the Sochi 2014 Olympic Games. Which are your favorites?
- Alpine Skiing
- Cross Country Skiing
- Figure Skating
- Freestyle Skiing
- Ice Hockey
- Nordic Combined
- Short Track Speed Skating
- Ski Jumping
- Speed Skating
- What (number) Winter Olympics are these? Bonus if you can tell us in Roman numerals!
- There are fifteen sports listed above, but how many actual events are there? Hint, many of these sports have several different events, so the answer is way more than 15!
- Twelve of these events are brand new this time around. Can you name some?
I will post the answers this afternoon. (I know you’re all capable of googling all of this but if you decide to do that please don’t ruin the fun for others by posting the answers immediately just so we all think you’re brilliant. We know you’re brilliant. Save us the display and let people guess a bit. Thanks! On the other hand if you give it an honest go, please post away! More power to you if you’re correct!)
Final Question: If I gave you an all-expense paid trip to Sochi, would you go?