- Lizzie = A funny, timely quote made on the VFTB site by our writers or commenters.
- Lizard = The best Lizzie.
- MVL = Most Valuable Lizzie’er: The person with the most Lizzies in the period under review (usually the past two weeks.)
- Top 10 of the 2013/2014 Offseason = The folks with the most aggregate Lizzie points YTD (1 point for every Lizzie, 3 points for every Lizard.)
As you already know, this is all completely subjective and according to my whims.
- I am committed to eating right , getting my proper rest and a moderate amount of Bushmills so I can deliver late in the season.
- Surf and turf footlongs on Raker…
- My Cubs resolution is not to become dreadfully depressed about the Cubs by June 1.
- The Cubs will be here in Toronto for a 3 game series at the beginning of September and I hope to catch all 3 games as I haven’t seen them play in person in a couple of years. By that point in the season they should be totally out of it in the standings, but nonetheless I’m still looking forward to it.
- And you will have choice seating.
- Danny Rocket? Isn’t that the Brady Bunch kid’s rock star name?
- I thought it was the red head from the Partridge Family when he was driving or doing other such illegal activities.
- No countenance in baseball screams louder for a bag over it than Hunter Pence.
- I’d take Clark at 3B over Ian Stewart.
- If he speaks Spanish I suppose that’d qualify him to be the manager.
- Not sure he is the first official mascot. They may be forgetting Marla Collins.
- Or Cindy Sandberg…though that was probably unofficial.
- This is not a controversial statement: over the past two seasons, the Cubs have not been good.
- Where does Clark the Cub rank in these projections? I was hoping Soler would get the call before Clark, but just another Cubs fan pipe dream.
- The bear is already being retrofitted. I hear he has an appearance scheduled at “Nuts on Clark” later this month.
- Does that mean his last name will be Johnson?
- Ballsy move.
- I would say one good thing about current music: it is easier than ever to find very good Indie music.
- Welcome back JJ.
- I got engaged a couple months ago and our wedding is in April
- I like the idea of signing Maholm.
- Speaking of kids names, my wife and I are expecting #3 in May and we have no idea what to name him/her.
- Jer-Smardja has a nice ring to it.
- Satchel. Of course taking moniker advice from me is risky…
- What happened to everyday names like Rock Shoulders?
- The Cubs mascot is a boy, I saw it with my own two eyes.
- I work from home so the commute is… short.
- Chuck, Lizzie and I have the exact same commute.
- I have been wondering where all this extra laundry was coming from…
- I was wondering why my socks had a crease ironed in them.
- You’re welcome.
- Dear Denver. Thank you for taking out the Patsies yesterday
- You root FOR a team to win, not BECAUSE they win.
- My heart goes out to whomever will have to read your future comments shitting all over the Indians.
- Geez you cock-eyed optimist…take off the rose colored glasses.
- 45 years and “this” is your fish or cut bait season?
- One thing that gets forgotten though is that you get the reverse sometimes. Minor leaguers that no one has ever heard of before play well above their potential and become significant contributing members to the team. Here’s to hoping the Cubs have a few diamond in the rough!
- There are other Cub blogs out there? I thought this was the only one!
- A hearty shout out to Bryan, Jeremiah Johnson, LVCubFan and Mark_from_Toronto, each contributing his first off-season Lizzie this time around. Many thanks!
- Congratulations to Eddie von White and Seymour Butts, our co-Most Valuable Lizzie’ers this week!
Top 10 of the 2013/2014 Offseason (one point for each Lizzie, three points for the Lizard)
1. Doc Raker
3. Sean Powell
4. Eddie von White
5. Seymour Butts
7. Joe Aiello
8. Jedi Johnson
10. Doug S.
- Denver or Seattle?