We had precisely two articles posted since the last GirlieView two weeks ago. Special thanks to all our regulars for keeping the fun rolling even when the pickins are slim! xoxo
- Lizzie = A funny, timely quote made on the VFTB site by our writers or commenters.
- Lizard = The best Lizzie.
- MVL = Most Valuable Lizzie’er: The person with the most Lizzies in the period under review (usually the past two weeks.)
- Top 10 of the 2013/2014 Offseason = The folks with the most aggregate Lizzie points YTD (1 point for every Lizzie, 3 points for every Lizard.)
As you already know, this is all completely subjective and according to my whims.
- A few holiday wishes for the 2014 Cubs….1) HUGE improvement from Castro, Rizzo and Castillo
- 7) A team that can win.
- 11) Barney slugs .300
- 12) Cubs find a 3rd baseman who sticks at the position as long as Ron Santo did.
- I’d settle for “Cubs find a 3rd baseman”
- if [Tanaka] sees it just as a city in the middle of the country with a bad team (and poor player facilities), would it even be possible to land him at all?
- Of course Tanaka will sign with the Cubs. Who wouldn’t want to play with stars like Darwin Barney, Donnie Murphy, Ryan Sweeney and Brooks Raley?
- It is always about the money.
- “Welcome Mr. Tanaka, what kind of tunes do you have on your iPod? Have you been to Dinseyland yet? I always see lot’s of Japanese tourist at Disneyland, maybe you will know some of them.”
- What do you call a guy named Tanaka? I’m going with “Tank.”
- Maybe a physician-certified list of the finest sandwich shop chains in the Wrigleyville area would bring him in.
- I’d bat Lizzie ahead of any of those 70 y/o tax attorneys.
- I would hit Lizzie ahead of the Cap’n and Seymour.
- Yes, we are all aware of your domestic violence history. Odd that you would brag about it.
- the Bears’ mediocrity merely begets more mediocrity.
- Really what you’ve come into at most high schools these days is that the QB is the best all around athlete.
- Also, how many of those elites get too caught up slinging bifocals, townhouses, or pacemakers and end up writing instead of receiving checks in Mesa?
- And eating giant cornbread pizzas.
- I think they are all about rib steaks and filets. One guy is into surf and turf, which is of course a 6″ roast beef sub and 6″ tuna sub wrapped in the same paper.
- Happy New Year All.
- A hearty shout out to Buddy, who contributed his first off-season Lizzie this time around.
- Congratulations to Doc Raker our Most Valuable Lizzie’er this time! (Twice in a row!)
Top 10 of the 2013/2014 Offseason (one point for each Lizzie, three points for the Lizard)
1. Doc Raker
3. Sean Powell
5. Joe Aiello
6. Eddie von White
7. Seymour Butts
8. cap’n obvious
8. Jedi Johnson
10. Doug S.
10. Jerry in Wisconsin
- Make some New Year’s Resolutions for your 2013 Chicago Cubs!