Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! I wrapped up the tallying a bit early this time around (Sunday afternoon) but all your comments after that will count for next time!
- Lizzie = A funny, timely quote made on the VFTB site by our writers or commenters.
- Lizard = The best Lizzie.
- MVL = Most Valuable Lizzie’er: The person with the most Lizzies in the period under review (usually the past two weeks.)
- Top 10 of the 2013/2014 Offseason = The folks with the most aggregate Lizzie points YTD (1 point for every Lizzie, 3 points for every Lizard.)
As you already know, this is all completely subjective and according to my whims.
- I love being optimistic, but I’m getting worn out!
- We all want it to happen now but just like Christmas morning we have to wait.
- I think a part of it is that not all that many major moves really make sense for the Cubs.
- I am bored, can we make fun of Seymour, CAPS or Jedi?
- Just eat grass. It works for cows.
- Not a physician, but I’d suggest adding reduced-fat-by-boiling-it-out-Ramen to that list.
- Bogusevic for Justin Ruggiano. He is rumored to have more power than Bogusevic, and confirmed to have an easier name to spell.
- I know that is unconventional out of the box thinking that will garner laughter and ridicule but some day a manager will do that and be successful and then every team will do it. Mark this post, you heard it here first kids.
- Why are you not in the front office? Those guys could use some of your (fore)sight.
- Waiting for an offer……………
- Can I be your minion?
- Sure, Seymour too so we have someone to entertain us.
- I Wada preferred Mark Grace in the booth, at least Grace would never deny there is drinking in the game.
- So we got Hottovy on the hot stovey but we were frozen out of the winter meetings?
- Seymour was whining about the $22 he was forced to spend at a restaurant that had waitress service, he just didn’t understand why we couldn’t all go to Quizno’s for $8.95 including chips and a fountain drink.
- BTW my and the missus Thanksgiving meal? Subway! Who knew they would be open.
- The one problem for Hendricks has been the major leagues
- That was my one problem too, which is why I ended up in church league softball.
- Seems to be a recurring theme for most of the guys that the Cubs promote.
- It’s that pesky ‘major league’ problem that plaques the Cubs, if we could just compete at the AA level we would having a winning season, at least sometimes.
- Jim Hendry finally got Brian Roberts.
- Although, in fairness, Hendry probably would have immediately given Roberts a 6 year extension upon signing him, so at least we dodged that bullet.
- He likes sushi, summer drives to the beach in convertibles and romance movies, he always brings kleenex to the movie theatre.
- Sorry, romance movies and kleenex are the deal breakers.
- We do know that Raker is advocating being in, but just a little bit. Just the tip, as it were.
- they could replace him with Matt Murton and Bryan LaHair type players. They will fill stadiums.
- You mean they do that as well as star in sitcoms?
- I think the extent to which Adam Dunn would have been a disaster in right field cannot be overstated.
- Congratulations to Bones, Katie, and Rob Willer for winning their first off-season Lizzies this time around.
- Congratulations to Doc Raker our Most Valuable Lizzie’er this time!
Top 10 of the 2013/2014 Offseason (one point for each Lizzie, three points for the Lizard)
1. Doc Raker
2. Sean Powell
4. Joe Aiello
6. Eddie von White
6. Seymour Butts
8. cap’n obvious
9. Jedi Johnson
10. Doug S.
- What was your favorite Christmas gift? (This year, or ever! You choose!)