Happy Thanksgiving! I wish for all of you a day full of love, laughter, and lots of good eats!
- Lizzie = A funny, timely quote made on the VFTB site by our writers or commenters.
- Lizard = The best Lizzie.
- MVL = Most Valuable Lizzie’er: The person with the most Lizzies in the period under review (usually the past two weeks.)
- Top 10 of the 2013/2014 Offseason = The folks with the most aggregate Lizzie points YTD (1 point for every Lizzie, 3 points for every Lizard.)
As you already know, this is all completely subjective and according to my whims.
- it could signify that the front office sees Wellington Castillo as a long-term piece.
- “Would you like to make that a combo?” is what Seymour is used to hearing from his waitress.
- What frustrates me is the fact that people in this fan base get attached to a player for whatever reason and then fail to see when that player hurts the team by being a part of it.
- I want to consistently root for my team deep into October year in and year out.
- I am for any move that makes the Cubs better but the greatest game of baseball is such an intricate game the definition there in of ‘better’ is open for debate.
- A Cub fan goes into every year knowing we aint gonna win! So we latch onto a player(s) to make the season bearable.
- Of course, if the Cardinals trade for him, he’ll probably never miss a game again.
- Kirkus Reviews, a leading American book review for more than 80 years, called it an “entertaining, fantastical adventure” and a “well-paced, delightful children’s book with a moral that’s clear without being heavy-handed.”
- I read the first sentence, “The Cardinals look to remain the class of the NL Central’, and just couldn’t go on.
- If it makes you feel any better, I had about as much fun writing that sentence as you had reading it.
- I’m not sure I’m ready for names like “Stryker” yet.
- Stryker belongs in a rotation with Balfour. A Stryker can only make a Balfour better.
- Arismendy (my favorite prospect first name) Alcantara
- Not a rumor: MLB will be instituting NFL-style replay challenges next season.
- Congratulations to Noah and Tom C for winning their first off-season Lizzies this time around.
- Congratulations to Sean Powell our Most Valuable Lizzie’er for the second time in a row!
Top 10 of the 2013/2014 Offseason (one point for each Lizzie, three points for the Lizard)
1. Sean Powell
2. Doc Raker
4. cap’n obvious
5. Joe Aiello
5. Seymour Butts
8. Eddie von White
8. Jedi Johnson
10. L lips es
10. Tom C
Slim pickins this week on the Lizzies, so I’d better come up with some chit chat. What are you doing today? Cooking? Eating? Watching football? Making a step-by-step map-based shopping list for Black Friday? All of the above? Say hello and let us know!