- Lizzie = A funny, timely quote made on the VFTB site by our writers or commenters.
- Lizard = The best Lizzie.
- MVL = Most Valuable Lizzie’er: The person with the most Lizzies in the period under review (usually the past two weeks.)
- Top 10 of 2013 = The folks with the most aggregate Lizzie points YTD (1 point for every Lizzie, 3 points for every Lizard.)
As you already know, this is all completely subjective and according to my whims.
- Pat and Keith have Randy Hundley in the booth plugging his fantasy camp…he has yet to mention last season’s top-slugging optometrist.
- He couldn’t possibly mention all the optometrists at that thing.
- But he did mention a memorable dinner with Seymour at the Quizno’s in the Mesa View shopping center right next to the Big Lot’s.
- This just in: The post season will start in October and the Cubs won’t be a part of it.
- I really think you’re underrating Sappelt. He’s at least a fourth outfielder who can hurl insults at the ladyfolk between pitches.
- Your football team is the Jets; of course you hang around for baseball’s final pitch.
- Too true. They’re a tough team to watch or even like right now.
- As a Bills fan, football doesn’t seem like it will provide me with a more winning product than the Cubs, so I’m still tuning in for the rest of the season.
- there are positives to watch for each game (please don’t ask me to name any).
- I passed the NC Bar, first try.
- I miss your triangle-hole.
- Raker’s home for soon to be wayward girls.
- Yea! A game summary!
- What happened? somebody have a stroke?
- I’m happy to blame her for a considerable amount of my recent silence here on VFTB.
- I have a small number of patients who are socially awkward fellows beyond their prime who find at least moderately attractive mates much younger than themselves.
- Opposed to socially awkward doctors who vacation annually with other socially awkward fellows pretending to be big league baseball players in where they just use their master card or dollar bills to have attractive naked girls rub their bosoms and buttocks onto them.
- Maybe a common interest in shows about buying dresses will help a relationship, but there are definitely more important things that make people compatible with one another than something like that.
- I don’t want to burn those ideas now and then be struggling for writing material when there won’t be bad baseball to discuss.
- Seymour would have gone with the taller blonde Charity at Cheetah’s in Reno.
- Charity’s mom needs an operation and she is studying for her masters, Seymour is only trying to help her out 1 dollar bill at a time. Very magnanimous of Seymour if you ask the Cheetah ‘students’.
- A girl’s gotta eat.
- even Job had a limit
We had no new Lizzie contributors this time around but we’re so grateful for our regular commenters who keep this site flowing with good conversation and hearty laughter. Shout outs all around.
Congratulations to Seymour Butts our Most Valuable Lizzie’er this time around!
Final In-Season 2013 Standings (one point for each Lizzie, three points for the Lizard) – Standings will reset for the off-season.
2. Seymour Butts
3. Jedi Johnson
4. Eddie von White
5. Doc Raker
6. Joe Aiello
8. Jerry in Wisconsin
9. Doug S.
10. Jeremiah Johnson
11. cap’n obvious
13. Noah Eisner
15. Sean Powell
16. Josh Cornwall
24. Tom C
27. Dusty Baylor
27. Holden Clark
27. Michael Jimenez
33. Ann Landers
33. Dous Entendre
33. Drew Peterson
33. Hugh Hefner
33. Jim Hickman
33. Josh H
33. Just Curious
33. Rick Beato
33. Rocco Kavana
33. Scott E. Entsminger
33. Still Curious
33. The Whole Damn Show
33. Troy Maskell
This is the last GirlieView of the 2013 season. I can’t say that I will miss this season but to me every baseball season is good so I will be looking forward to the next one just as always, whether we have any hope or not. In the meantime we’ve got some administrative details to cover. There will be no GirlieView columns in the month of October. This will give you a chance to enjoy the post season without pressure to be funny or witty. Heh. (Not really the reason, but it sounded good didn’t it?) I will begin tracking posts again on November 1, and will return to my regular every-other-week schedule beginning on November 14. See you then. Meantime, enjoy the post- season! Tell me who you expect in the World Series, and your choice for a winner. By the time I return I’ll know, so I’ll report on how well you all guessed!