- Lizzie = A funny, timely quote made on the VFTB site by our writers or commenters.
- Lizard = The best Lizzie.
- MVL = Most Valuable Lizzie’er: The person with the most Lizzies in the period under review (usually the past two weeks.)
- Top 10 of 2013 = The folks with the most aggregate Lizzie points YTD (1 point for every Lizzie, 3 points for every Lizard.)
As you already know, this is all completely subjective and according to my whims.
- Much better, especially now that we don’t get “yes dear, you’re right, I’m sorry.”
- Garza should not be talking to the media about this.
- With Dale Sveum’s first chance to use the DH, he looked up and down the roster and selected Scott Hairston. Scott Hairston?
- I like the way Smarja pitched, but it was very disturbing having to look at him.
- Have to agree that the camo lettering wasn’t really distracting, of course that was due to the fact it managed to camo itself on both teams uniforms.
- I just do not think the Cubs are going to get serious offers for either in July (and potentially no offers for Marmol)
- Injuries create unanticipated holes and the market for some of the others may take us to unanticipated trading partners. I tried to make that sound like a fortune cookie, How did I do?
- For added security, do passwords by taping them to the underside of the keyboard.
- No catcher should be charged with a passed ball when Marmol’s throwing.
- Until VFTB I did not realize that computers had any other use than porn.
- What’s porn?
- Sandwiches on Seymour after he washes his hands!
- Don’t eat Seymour’s coleslaw, just warnin.
- isn’t jswan the most valuable Lizzier every Girlieview?
- Well he is a computer guy. I bet he has a computer program designed to give him all of Lizzie’s favorite quotes and he pulls from that list.
- My name is Eddie, and I am a Cubs addict.
- The best thing I found about being a Cub fan is that you will never find more real, diehard fans, who believe in a team.
- This is much more fun than last year.
- I can’t wait until gravatar pushes their updates. I’ve commissioned Joe’s cartoonist to Cernak me up a bit.
- So the book on your head is to help you Cernak up a bit?
- Cubs hat, Jerry. Fine art of this caliber is sometimes hard to interpret.
- Len would follow that up with information about the Gin Blossoms upcoming show at Decatur Fest.
- 5-game win streak, talk of going .500, two days of grand slams back-to-back… I can barely recognize this place.
- people like to reinforce that fact with boos, curses, and degrading slurs directed at players who stink. If you’re a fan of a team, doing those things to your own players is classless.
- I feel your nose could be more triangular. Go Cubs.
- I believe Katie’s nose is just angular, she needs another side for the other 2 angles.
- He can only play the guys who show up on the roster.
- the spray paint can on MS Paint is the filet mignon of cartoon facial hair beard-makers.
- He knows he’s pulling the ham of questionable toxicity out of the fridge and trying to piece together a meal that won’t make him vomit.
- Zastrynzny is going to make all of us use copy-and-paste a lot
- Kobe forgot his wallet so Theo pick up the check and kept the receipt saying he would deduct the costs from Bryant’s signing bonus.
- He took that mouth from Michael Jackson circa ’92. Giant triangles are the way to go.
- I’m sure the problem is that Castro and Rizzo have decided that hitting isn’t all that fun and they’d rather just suck.
- Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
- Marmol has always fallen victim to the vagaries of sliders bounced outside of the zone of strikes.
- That was all explained in the pilot episode. LaHair’s rich uncle died and left him two season tickets behind home at the Ham Fighter’s park. He switched Murton’s ticket to Iowa with a ticket to Japan…classic Brian. That is also where the whole “Iowa has surprisingly good sushi” running joke came from.
- It is way past time the MLB did a study on why red-heads are discriminated against in baseball.
- How is Ian Stewart doing? I wish he would Tweet something.
- With Stewart’s track record, If the Cubs let him rot he will eventually tweet again and get suspended again, thus saving the Cubs even more money.
- The fact that he thinks he’ll be handed a big-league job in another organization is laughable.
- me and the wife just had our 2nd baby girl
A big shout out to the following contributor who submitted his first 2013 Lizzie this time around. We’re happy to have you here!
- Holden Clark
Congratulations to jswanson, the Most Valuable Lizzie’er this time around!
Top Ten of 2013 (one point for each Lizzie, three points for the Lizard) – In honor of Father’s Day I’ll post the full listing!
2. Seymour Butts
3. Eddie von White
4. Doc Raker
5. Jedi Johnson
6. Joe Aiello
9. Doug S.
10. Jerry in Wisconsin
11. Noah Eisner
13. Jeremiah Johnson
14. cap’n obvious
17. Josh Cornwall
23. Dusty Baylor
23. Tom C
26. Sean Powell
30. Dous Entendre
30. Drew Peterson
30. Holden Clark
30. Hugh Hefner
30. Jim Hickman
30. Josh H
30. Just Curious
30. Rick Beato
30. Rocco Kavana
30. Still Curious
30. The Whole Damn Show
30. Troy Maskell
As a result, I’m assuming, of my bull running invitation (from last time) I acquired a young Words With Friends suitor who wanted to know “what grade are you in?” I quickly resigned from that game and blocked the user who was certainly young enough to be my grandson. Or great-grandson if someone got an early start. This weekend is Father’s Day. What are your plans, oh fathers and fathers-to-be and non-fathers?