I can’t seem to warm up to this team this year and I don’t catch many games. Instead I’m living vicariously through your recaps and commentary in order to keep up to date. Thank you all for that!
- Lizzie = A funny, timely quote made on the VFTB site by our writers or commenters.
- Lizard = The best Lizzie.
- MVL = Most Valuable Lizzie’er: The person with the most Lizzies in the period under review (usually the past two weeks.)
- Top 10 of 2013 = The folks with the most aggregate Lizzie points YTD (1 point for every Lizzie, 3 points for every Lizard.)
As you already know, this is all completely subjective and according to my whims.
- Hire this guy.
- I have a 50 year-old Mitch Williams closing for the 2014 Cubs. His velocity is definitely down, but his mullet is impressive at a little over three feet long.
- The Cubs have lurched into second-to-last place.
- I always love your optimism, Jeremiah.
- Closest I’ve come to camping was at the Hilton Seattle
- the underlying work that goes into eating potato salad outside is not worth it.
- having your little girl grow up to love the Cubs just like you do is the most awesomest thing.
- You can’t outsmart Lizzie, don’t you know?
- Jeff Samardzija was a wide receiver at Notre Dame.
- I had not heard that…where do you get your inside info?
- if Seymour invites you out to dinner you might want to already have plans and if you do end up at the Subway with him don’t fall for his ‘I forgot my wallet’ bit, he loves pulling that stunt with rookies.
- Mr Clark, do not wholeheartedly agree with anything the Raker says. He rants and babbles and eats very poorly.
- we need to all just shut up and let a manager manage his team the way he feels is best. When you get your shot, do it how you want.
- I’m still evaluating my pitchers solely upon height. Sad to see Volstad go, but Feldman and Shark both stepped up being tall and are pitching quite well.
- Regardless, the cubs bullpen blows.
- If we all had the same opinion, you would have to change the title to “BFTB” (Bland From The Bleachers).
- Everyone wants to be right, some people insist on it, but that doesn’t change that they’re wrong anyway.
- It’s not a great sign when most of your offense comes from the pitcher two games in a row.
- Barney needs to start sending me a portion of his game checks. He’s had a huge offensive night 100% of the time when I’ve done the recap.
- Stewart is a classic ‘Millennial.’ His sense of entitlement is laughable.
- Marmol, to the others: “OK, so Jackson is the highest paid starter on the team. On the days he pitches, we’ll be awesome. But on the days he doesn’t, we’ll be mediocre at best.”
- I now understand the title, this was all a ploy to get us talking about cookies to make us happy, instead of talking about the Cubs loss which makes us sad.
- Crafty one that Cernak kid.
- and then Jr Raker went yard to deep center for his first walk off bomb of his career.
- The best players are the best because they come in to the game in the tough situations and come through.
A big shout out to the following contributor who submitted his first (and second!) 2013 Lizzie this time around. We’re happy to have you here!
- Sean Powell
- Congratulations to jswanson, the Most Valuable Lizzie’er this time around!
Top Ten of 2013 (one point for each Lizzie, three points for the Lizard)
2. Seymour Butts
3. Eddie von White
4. Doc Raker
5. Jedi Johnson
5. Joe Aiello
9. Doug S.
10. Jeremiah Johnson
10. Noah Eisner
I don’t know whether to thank or swear at the friend who introduced us to a game called Running with Friends (iPhone or iPad) this week. It’s from the makers of the way-more-popular Words with Friends, but it’s completely different. It has nothing to do with words, but rather with running. And bulls. I’m addicted. My user name is elizababble if you’d like to give it a try and need an opponent.** How about you? What’s your addiction?
* This has nothing to do with baseball.
** I take no responsibility for your lawn not getting mowed because you’re too busy running bulls!