It’s a new month! October certainly went out like lion, and I’m hoping for a gentler November all around.
- Lizzie = A funny, timely quote made on the VFTB site by our writers or commenters.
- Lizard = The best Lizzie.
- MVL = Most Valuable Lizzie’er: The person with the most Lizzies in the period under review (usually the past two weeks)
- Top 10 of 2012 = The folks with the most aggregate Lizzie points YTD (1 point for every Lizzie, 3 points for every Lizard)
As you already know, this is all completely subjective and according to my whims. Let’s go!
- I remember when I was 20 and thought I had life experiences that were sufficient to guide me.
- I see but one egg. “Bacons and egg.”
- His juevos are covered up
- My Halloween costume would be the umpire who called the infield fly rule in the Braves-Cardinals game. All I need is a seeing-eye dog.
- There’s no way to avoid it any longer–the Cardinals held on to win 8-3 over the Giants. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go shout at strangers and set something on fire.
- This is why there are no Lizzies in politics.
- Jeff Samardzija came through with a successful conversion to the starting rotation. Admit it…you thought this experiment would explode in our faces. I certainly did.
- What about free agents like Johnson, who are slightly overpaid but play really hard? Certainly there is room for a free agent of that nature.
- Reed has now had 10 seasons in the bigs, that means he also plays long.
- Elsewhere in the National League, if you had October 23rd in your When Will Ozzie Guillen Get Fired pool, congratulations.
- Their viewing choice was less mainstream–a British stop-motion cartoon about the adventures of a group of bath toys called the Rubbadubbers.
- Hmm..didn’t Eddie Murphy in Coming to Amereica have a team of “ruba dub dub bers?”
- “The royal penis is clean”
- “…, your highness.”
- So the Giants won using Ryan Theriot and the bunt. That must really chap a lot of hides.
- I’m coping by watching video highlights from the season.
- Must be a pretty short video.
- She didn’t say they were Cub highlights…
- I’m coping by watching my copy of “Optometric and Cardiac Diagnostic Highlights by Sports Blog Distracted Health Care Practitioners.” Spellbinding.
- I have a fantasy team… it has nothing to do with sports, however.
- I’d like to see a woman become the new Chicago Cubs color commentator.
Congratulations to the following commenters on their first 2012 Lizzie! Thanks for being here!
- Aaron Camp
- Dusty Baylor
- Tony LaRussa
- Congratulations to Seymour Butts, the Most Valuable Lizzie’er this time around!
2012 Top Ten YTD
1. Jeremiah Johnson
2. Doc Raker
4. Seymour Butts
5. Jedi Johnson
6. cap’n Obvious
8. Joe Aiello
10. Eddie Von White
Well, it’s the day after Halloween. Got leftovers? Here’s my question, it’s a simple one: What’s your favorite candy?