I’m just back to work from a fairly long (but still too short) vacation, I’ve caught a cold, and another disappointing Cubs season is in the books. Therefore I make no promises about the quantity or quality of this week’s choices.
- Lizzie = A funny, timely quote made on the VFTB site by our writers or commenters.
- Lizard = The best Lizzie.
- MVL = Most Valuable Lizzie’er: The person with the most Lizzies in the period under review (usually the past two weeks)
- Top 10 of 2012 = The folks with the most aggregate Lizzie points YTD (1 point for every Lizzie, 3 points for every Lizard)
As you already know, this is all completely subjective and according to my whims. Let’s go!
- (It’s a real good thing we got rid of Soto, Theriot, Fontenot, and any other ‘O’ that I’m not thinking of at the moment; our lineup would be obnoxious to listen to every night)
- Official game notes: REDS LEFTFIELDER RYAN LUDWICK LEFT THE GAME IN THE TOP OF THE SIXTH INNING DUE TO TIGHTNESS IN HIS GROIN. There’s got to be a better way to say that…
- I’m so happy… I’ve jumped me a Johnson.
- We are not oppressed as Cub fans, we choose this alternative lifestyle, we need no special rights or make no pretense of victimhood, we stand proud of our Cubdom and will rejoice like no one has ever before when our Cubs reach the Holy Land.
- I sure hope the Cubs don’t fall prey to the vagaries of line drives hit into play.
- I won’t lie to you, I haven’t watched a Cubs game in over three weeks. I’m not sure if that makes me a bad fan or a smart fan.
- wins are wins, but losses could be wins, too.
- Sorry for the lack of comments yesterday, we used replacement docs in the cath lab yesterday and the carnage took all of my time.
- I would like to see more LaHair also.
- That’s not actually the style these days…
- Just because you don’t have any.
- Wow. Awkward.
- I knew you were peeking.
- If we can’t get guys out consistently we have to get on base consistently and the current team appears to prefer the comfort of the dugout over running the bases.
- All in all, not many disappointments in the Cubs system this year, but I think that’s because there wasn’t much to be expected of the farm to begin with.
- In retrospect, maybe losing 100 games doesn’t mean that much to the Cubs. They sure played like it didn’t matter Monday night.
- Plate discipline was not in season, as at least a couple hitters expanded their zones to roughly the size of a Smart Car.
- We have an apparent surplus of average tiny dudes.
- You then play catch with him and pitch him some whiffle ball at the hotel and you got a real prospect of your own.
- Well, he’s only 8 and a half months old right now, so he’s a bit away from catch and whiffle ball.
- Emma is nine months with a plus arm.
- If you cannot find contentment in yourself, you will never be happy no matter where you live.
We’ve got three folks tied for the Most Valuable Lizzie’er this week! Congratulations to Doc Raker, jswanson, and Seymour Butts!
Even though the season is over, the 2012 standings will continue through the end of the calendar year (mainly because we’ll be bored and need you to comment more than ever to keep us entertained for the next few months!!!) Today I’ll post the full listing in honor of the end of the season.
1. Jeremiah Johnson
2. Doc Raker
4. Seymour Butts
5. Jedi Johnson
6. cap’n Obvious
8. Joe Aiello
10. Eddie Von White
11. Dustin Godsey
11. Josh Cornwall
14. Doug S.
18. Rich Beckman
22. Timothy Scarbrough
25. Cubs Future
25. Michael Jimenez
29. Christopher Allen
29. Doug Bagley
29. Tom C
37. chris in illinois
37. Jerry in Wisconsin
37. Joshua Worn
37. Mark W
46. Aaron Yavelberg
46. Alfred Newman
46. Bill Mahoney
46. Bruce Miles
46. Danny B
46. David Beyer
46. Dick Hurtz
46. Eric Smith
46. Hardball Times
46. Jamie Giffin
46. Jeremy The Kid Johnson
46. Joe Janish
46. Lee Panas
46. Mark P.
46. Mike Oliver
46. Randall Pennington
46. Scared Hitless
46. Scott P
46. Stephanie Seymour
What kinds of fun and exciting things will you be doing during the off season?