The next time I write a GirlieView (Oct 4) the season will be over. Many thanks to our great commenters for keeping things interesting and amusing during this trying season!
- Lizzie = A funny, timely quote made on the VFTB site by our writers or commenters.
- Lizard = The best Lizzie.
- MVL = Most Valuable Lizzie’er: The person with the most Lizzies in the period under review (usually the past two weeks)
- Top 10 of 2012 = The folks with the most aggregate Lizzie points YTD (1 point for every Lizzie, 3 points for every Lizard)
As you already know, this is all completely subjective and according to my whims. Let’s go!
- If the bases were loaded Sosa was swinging before before the pitcher was on the mound.
- Szczur would benefit from more power and vowels.
- Oh Vanna…
- I must have missed it when Vitters “started to right the ship.”
- Chris Rusin, Rafael Dolis, Alberto Cabrera, and Jake Beliveau were all varying degrees of useless.
- How was Soriano able to get a triple? Did someone fall over with the ball?
- When do you think Cub reliever Joe Mather will pitch again?
- Maybe the Cubs should market Soriano as Comeback Player of the Year. I don’t think it would be hard to convince people he did not play last year.
- I think that Cubs should bolt the locker room back at Wrigley, put a sign on the door that says “Closed til Spring” hanging at an angle of course, draw the shades and say good night.
- “Lizzie Loves Geo” would be a terrific sitcom name.
- How many people took the survey? What did you learn? Inquiring minds want to know!
- My posts amuse me also, as do most others, even Buddys.
- If you haven’t grown a thick skin/picked your AL favorite for the postseason yet, I suggest you get moving.
- Marmol is the least popular Cub?! I can’t imagine why?!
- Surprised to see Big Z didn’t STILL make the list.
- My wife bought beer! The simple things make life worth living.
- Dick Hurtz
- Castro needs 17 more hits this year to have the same number in his first three years as Pete Rose had in his first three years.
- I wonder who Castro likes in the Florida St – Savannah St game?
- Mr. Katie Campana
- when I saw the newest Cub Catcher, I knew that he was a made for Lizzie dream.
- So what happens if we make the the postseason…will Shark be available to start?
- If he’s not too old by then.
- Baseball, piratry, football, and some “acting.”
- There are more commenters on this site than fans in the stands in Houston. Congrats Joe.
- Shawn Camp is bad at pitching.
- It’s the kind of schedule you’d get if you just auto-generated it by computer, which is exactly the level of effort Selig and his people bring to every aspect of their jobs.
- Wrigley Field is my favorite place in the world, and it’s been far too long since I’ve been back.
- Jackson’s big plans for next year involve avoiding misunderstandings with anyone he meets in a bar at closing time.
- I’m pulling for the Orioles and Tigers, which probably means the Yankees and White Sox will win their divisions.
- If you watch closely during Rizzo’s salami, you can see JJ in the bleachers. I snagged a screen shot for you guys.
- Fortunately the camera got my good side.
- The Yankees need to face the Red sox at least 81 times a year just to fill the ESPN game allotment.
- My goal is to write this recap with the same general disinterest and lackadaisical effort the Cubs’ hitters brought to Monday night’s game.
- One time I fell asleep at the keyboard and when I woke up I had 3 pages of the letter “k”
- One time I fell asleep on the keyboard and when I woke I found that I had written twilight.
- One time I fell asleep on the keyboard and when I woke up I still didn’t submit a Lizzie.
- I’ll assume our 4th best prospect arm is that RoLo kid.
- We who care little about football will be cracking the same jokes about porn pirates and light hitting outfielders for a few months, then talking about Randy’s camp for a while, then things get real again. It goes pretty quickly.
- The current magic number is also a prime number….I have to get excited about something.
- only Darwin Barney seems to have been able to keep track of his lumber.
- Three reasons Ricketts won’t panic: Season. Ticket. Waitlist.
- If we play the 12U VFW team out of Downers Grove 162 times we got a shot at the playoffs.
Congratulations to the following commenters who received their first 2012 Lizzie this week. Thanks for hanging out with us! We’re happy to have you here!
- Dick Hurtz
- Jerry in Wisconsin
- Congratulations to jswanson, the Most Valuable Lizzie’er this time around!
2012 Standings – Top 10
1. Jeremiah Johnson
2. Doc Raker
4. Seymour Butts
5. Jedi Johnson
6. cap’n Obvious
8. Joe Aiello
10. Eddie Von White
Last GirlieView in honor of the NFL’s opening week, we had a little pick’em game. I asked you to pick the winners of three games (Colts/Bears, Patriots/Titans, and Redskins/Saints.) Congratulations to Josh Cornwall who got all three correct (Bears, Patriots, Redskins.) A handful of others guessed two of three correctly (Jedi, Jarred B., me, flyslinger2, RichBeckman and Verncrowe5.) Thanks to everyone who played.
This week, in honor of it being the final in-season GirlieView of 2012, let’s play World Series. Guess the AL and NL representatives, and of course the winner! I’ll keep tabs and report back as usual. Thanks for playing along!