I’m giggling as I write this. If you know me even a little bit, you know I know next-to-nothing about baseball statistics. So I made up my own. Called Liz-tistics.
And in this episode, we’ll review the results of my scintillating and scientific designated hitter research in last week’s GirlieView. I know you’ve all been waiting!
- My hypothesis: Old folks like me, brought up on baseball before the Steroid Era, prefer no designated hitter, while younger people love it.
- My testing methodology: Ask VFTB readers their preference. And their age.
- My assumptions: I guessed at the ages of those who didn’t provide them. (Good for another giggle.)
- My results: My hypothesis was maybe half right. The elderly among us don’t care much for the DH, but young guys don’t either. Only those in their 30s prefer it.
Now where can you find exciting stats such as these as we wind down on a Friday afternoon and wait for a Cubs game? (No real need to answer that!)
Here’s the next Liz-tistics question, and when Joe has an open spot on the writing roster again I’ll be back with the exciting results! (read: because we’re bored and there’s only so much stuff we can rehash this season.)
- List your top three favorite Cubs in order. They can be anywhere in the system, not just at the MLB level. Thanks for answering!