As you’ve seen, the closer we are getting to the new season, the more “real” baseball stuff we have to talk about! Expect a similar shift in the Lizzies! (Quotes reviewed through Sunday, March 4.)
- considering his options “I cheat at baseball” or “I have an STD” it’s a bit easier to understand why he might not be quite as forthcoming
- May there be gnashing of teeth and rending of garments.
- at least now we know the 9th inning will never be dull…
- Look out for a herpes outbreak this season. “Doc, I got this sore on my package, I want those slugging percentage boosting meds, I got cash- no insurance billings on this one doc..”.
- I do love the fact that we have a direction and purpose
- I just wanted to stop hearing Sox fans say that it was fair compensation to get Garza or Castro.
- New administration doing things = possibility of ANYTHING FRICKING ELSE THAN WHAT WE HAVE HAD FOR OVER ONE FULL CENTURY.
- Williams, Evans, Budinger, and George CPAs, LLC…I’d definitely trust them to do my taxes!
- Our police department holds a dunking contest every morning over at the doughnut shop.
- I believe the rules include blatant pandering for the purpose of garnering a Lizzie being grounds for disqualification (I wish I had said it first).
- I know! Let’s have a spelling contest!
- I’m your huckleberry.
- the lull between Randy’s camp and Mesa box scores is a strange, strange time at VFTB.
- To borrow an illustration from my youth, Braun Johnny Cochraned his way out of trouble.
- shocking that a member of the Brewers was able to game Bud Selig’s system…
- When in doubt Raker is right, it is simple enough.
- My mouse has this little wheel that allows me to quickly pass thru such conversations. I use it every time I see a post from Raker.
- Poster C: I was in a band in college called Unconditionally Gray
- I was in a band in college called Poster C.
- As an aside, this post had 15 comments when I compiled this. The advanced defensive stats post had 2.
- Note my commentary completely missing from yesterday’s stat driven post. Also note, almost all commentary missing. Just sayin’
piratepitcher Jeff Samardzija has a new headshot, and it’s a doozy.
- If you are only sweating because the ambient temperature is hot, then it is not a sport.
- Well, I’d certainly trade hair with him.
- Me too. Athough we can’t really see what is under the cap… He could be rocking a skullet
- Seymour, you get Smarja’s head of hair and he get’s your back hair, as volume goes Smarja actually nets out more hair in that deal.
- Soriano doesn’t like his name in trade rumors, well I don’t like Soriano in a Cubs line up and I bet my point of view get’s more votes than his point of view.
- I don’t like Soriano trade rumors. I would prefer they be Soriano trade facts.
- I can’t fault the collector for following the procedures he was presented with. It seems to me that the bigger issue is that the company procedures don’t match up with what was agreed upon.
- Baseball – the sport where it’s good to have herpes.
- It’s as if the producers of the MLB Network know that most baseball fans have ADD or the attention span of a gnat
- I feel like Mark Prior has become the poster boy for young phenoms whose arms turn to mush, and apparently, so does the MLB Network.
- I don’t even think Stephen can shake more then 5 hands with his right arm this season per day….too many….might get hurt.
- Next they will restrict extra curricular activities like toilet flushing, blowing your nose and belt tightening as these are all actions that require a full range of motion usually performed with the dominant arm which is typically your throwing arm.
- If Las Vegas ever gets a major league team I bet a Soriano type contract would end in an insurance claim with a shallow grave in the desert somewhere.
- I’m just surprised that there were ten previous Joshbgoods.
- New coach, new players, guys fighting for positions and trying to make a good impression on their new overseers.
- Maybe it’s the optimism of a new season, the surprising prospect or two who look ready for a promotion, or watching the roster take shape.
- You won because you identified and created a patsy–because you were willing to fling all kinds of accusations against the wall and just enough of them stuck. You won because you were able to shift the blame onto someone else and completely dodge the burden of proof.
- I haven’t had urine on my desk since St. Patty’s Day 2008…
- Come Monday I can sit here at my desk and listen to Cub baseball!!!!
2012 Full Standings (1 point for each Lizzie, 3 points for the Lizard)
- jswanson – 27
- Jeremiah Johnson – 26
- cap’n Obvious – 25
- Doc Raker – 25
- Jedi Johnson – 21
- Seymour Butts – 19
- Buddy – 17
- Chuck – 15
- Dustin Godsey – 9
- Chet – 7
- Kris – 7
- Doug S. – 5
- JoeAiello – 5
- BLPCB – 4
- flyslinger2 – 4
- gymjo – 4
- Josh Cornwall – 3
- Noah – 3
- Norm – 3
- chris in illinois – 2
- CubbieDude – 2
- Dragon – 2
- Katie – 2
- Tom C – 2
- Allan – 1
- Bruce Miles – 1
- Bryan – 1
- Danny B – 1
- David Beyer – 1
- Eddie Von White – 1
- Eric Smith – 1
- Evan – 1
- Jeremy The Kid Johnson – 1
- john – 1
- Lee – 1
- Mark P. – 1
- mbg – 1
- MJ – 1
- randy – 1
- Rich Beckman – 1
Congrats to the following folks who got their first 2012 Lizzie this week!
- David Beyer
Don’t forget we’re running a College Basketball Tournament Pick’em here on VFTB for anyone who cares to participate. It’s just for fun. Time is of the essence since the tournament starts in a week. You can’t pick your bracket until March 11 but you can get yourselves set up ahead of time. I believe we currently have about a dozen participants, and looking at the competition I’m confident I’ll win. Here’s how to prove me wrong.
- Go to http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1
- Click on Join a Group (yellow button, middle of page)
- Click on Join Group (under Accept an Invitation to Join a Group)
- At this point you’ll be asked to sign into your Yahoo ID or create one if you don’t have one.
- Also at this point I can’t really continue with the step-by-step instructions since I already have a Yahoo ID and also already signed up for the Tournament. But eventually you’ll need this information:
Group ID = 4275
Password = lizzievftb
- You’ll be asked to create a name for your bracket. It would be helpful if you used something similar to the name you use to post around here but that’s not essential. And you’re welcome to play along even if you never post here.
- Once the teams in the tournament are determined and the games scheduled, you’ll be able to go back in and actually pick your bracket.
If you have any questions or need any assistance please don’t hesitate to drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Cubs first WGN-televised spring training game is coming up on Saturday vs. the Brewers (2:05 CT). Will you be watching?