Who Am I? is a feature here at VFTB designed to give some of the focus back to those who make the site a success: YOU! We’ll tell you a bit about one of our regulars and you guess who it is. We’ll be back later in the day with the answer.
(Would you like to be included? Let me know at email@example.com … the more the merrier!)
Who Am I?
- I was born in Chicago, about three blocks from Park Ridge. I can’t remember exactly what age I became a Cubs fan, but I fondly remember watching the 1989 playoff run.
- No one in my immediate family is much of a baseball fan at all. I also love the NFL and NCAA basketball. Actually I love competition of any kind.
- I tend to favor stats, but by no means do I consider myself a stats person. I couldn’t explain half the crazy metrics out there, but I wish I could.
- Antonio Alfonseca brought me to VFTB. No joke!
- I was a fan of Jim Hendry and am also a fan of Theo Epstein. I was happy to hear that Aramis Ramirez and Carlos Zambrano won’t be back next year.
- I used to go to opening day at Wrigley Field every year from about 7th grade through high school. I still take that day as a holiday from work every year.
- If I was dining with Seymour I’d order an open faced Reuben sandwich with waffle fries, a big fat deli pickle, and split pea soup followed by a bowl of spumoni ice cream and wash it all down with a large mug of either root beer or Cheerwine
Who Am I?