It’s that time again! The Magnificent Lights Festival in Chicago kicked off the holiday spirit this weekend. A chill in the air is FINALLY making it feel like mid-November. Christmas music is playing WAY too early on the radio. And you all get another edition of the best of the best this week!
- Just say ‘no’ to long term, high priced, relief pitchers.
- If I can’t have Tony LaRussa, give me Satan. Satan could easily make a deal with himself in order to produce wins. Satan would be unlikely to lose an argument with an umpire as they are his subordinates. Satan could make the wind change directions depending on which team is batting. Carlos Zambrano would act like a choir boy, and finish the season with an Era around zero. The only down side would be any hispanic players in the minors with the first name of Jesus would need to be traded. No sense freaking out the new manager.
- All of the front office personnel should be with held from “marital favors” by their spouses until they ramp up the pitching depth of the whole system.
- Seattle sounds like the perfect place for Buerhle to sign a five-year deal for more money than he’s worth.
- I hope I am wrong, it does happen every now and then…………………1978 I last recall.
- I’ll be nervous if he starts in with the Starlie, Jeffie, Marmie stuff.
- If the Cubs are chasing Grady Sizemore, they should catch him easily. He can barely walk after all the knee injuries.
- I wonder if we’ve ever hired bald managers in succession.
- I hear that Sveum has already had the fungo out and has Castro’s defense top-notch. He also caught a bullpen session where he worked out Marmol’s heater. He is currently tossing bp in the cage to Byrd, and his patience at the plate is rapidly improving.
- I guess it’s easier to spell than Samardzija.
- So you’re saying Rodrigo Lopez won’t win 300 games?
- Shark’s only 288 shy of 300.
Top Wizzie Contributors
Eddie Von White-11
Question of the Week
One positive and one negative about Dave Sveum. Aaaand go.