Last Friday, Tony Campana sparked Campanamania with his inside the park home run. It was the first inside the park home run since blah blah blah. That got me thinking about other events in Cub history and when the last time they occurred. Without delay, here are some that I dug up.
- Last Cub with a 200+ hit season – Juan Pierre (2006)
- Last Cub with 40+ stolen base season – Juan Pierre (2006)
- Last Cub with 100+ base on balls season – Sammy Sosa (2002)
- Last Cub to reach base on catchers interference – Tyler Colvin (2010)
- Last Cub to strike out 6+ times in a game – Don Hoak (5/2/1956)
- Last Cub to walk 5 times in a game – Eric Young (6/30/2000)
- Last Cub to steal 5 bases in a game – Eric Young (5/14/2000)
- Last Cub with 14 total bases in a game – Aramis Ramirez (9/16/2004)
- Last Cub to pitch 10+ innings in a game – Mike Bielecki (5/22/1990)
- Last Cub pitcher to walk 10 or more hitters – Ralph Hamner (9/22/1947)
- Last Cub pitcher to give up more than 8 runs and still get the win – Lynn McGlothen (5/10/1980)
- Last Cub pitcher to throw 50+ pitches in one inning of work – Thomas Diamond (9/5/2010)
- Last Cub pitcher with 3+ balks in a game – Les Lancaster (7/5/1987)*
* – I don’t know how many of them he called, but it’s no surprise that Bob Davidson was one of the umpires on duty that day.