Well, we are eight games shy of the halfway point and I must say…..this season is flying by!
I know, I know, at the rate the Cubs are losing this year a little pace to the season isn’t all bad. It hasn’t been the circus of last season, but it could qualify as a small traveling carnival. Jobs are on the line and we’ve seen more youth debut this season then we have in most of the past decade.
I am growing fonder of Carlos Pena by the day and I am starting to warm to Blake DeWitt. This may seem crazy, or maybe I am succumbing to mediocrity, but they have shown some results, right?
Anyhow, here are your questions, and as usual, fire away with answers!!!!!
1) In your opinion, who has been the top rookie on the big league team so far this year?
I am going with Darwin Barney. I see him possibly keeping his job through to next season at least….if he isn’t traded….which may be a good idea too!
2) As unrealistic as this sounds, who would you start in game 1 of the World Series from this current Cubs starting rotation?
I would go with Zambrano but not with any confidence, which tells you where I sit with the rest of this rotation.
3) From what we have seen and heard over the past 2.5 months, who could be next years breakout player?
Taking everything into consideration, I go with Tony Campana. I go with him because my knowledge of our minor league system is limited and if they can get this kid on base……let’s just say lead off hitter! I know, you think I am crazy…..
4) Who is most likely to be traded come the deadline?
I got a feeling it will be DeWitt, Baker, or possibly Barney…..we have quite a few second basemen.
5) What team do you take the most pleasure in seeing the Cubs beat?
White Sox…..with a close second being Cardinals.
Odds and Ends
– I could not agree more with Gene Wojciechowski.
– Quade likes Castro as the Cubs All-Star represetative.
– An Aussie could make his Major League debut.
– I am starting to like where this is going….6 more weeks anybody?
– Or maybe the injury is not as bad?