Good morning! I’m an early Girlie this week, Joe’s got an exciting Matt Garza introduction for you tomorrow morning so we’ll make it a great Sunday and start off your week a little bit early! Let’s get right to the week in review!
- Best… 1) Castro 2) Soto 3) Trading Milton Bradley
- Worst: 1)April-May 2) May-June 3) June-July
- Worst: 1) Ronnie’s death
- [Worst] 1) The death of Ron Santo. Radio will never be the same for me again. The world is a less joyful place without him.
- [Worst] 3) The bloated carcass that is the Cubs payroll.
- The Soriano contract is one of the worst in the history of sports.
- [Worst] 3. The apparent demise of Sherm.
- [Best] 2. Milton Bradley’s on cue implosion in Seattle.
- The Cubs should sign Jeter because his routine jump-throws would make Sori’s routine jump-catches less ridiculous.
- There are a few of old Yankees I would take. Old Mariano Rivera. Old A-Rod. Old Andy Pettitte.
- right now what we got is old Alfonso Soriano.
- I’d take old Mark Teixeira and old CC Sabathia right about now, though.
- Jim Hendry stockpiled marginal talent with no help from the rule 5 draft
- Pretty sure Lee swings a wet noodle at this point.
- I nominate Wellington’s nickname to be “Beef”.
- For the radio booth there could be a series of buttons to push that bring back Ronnies voice saying things like “OH NOOOOO” or “What a shame”
- Bill murray
- Geo Soto will continue to improve and become one of the best catchers in the National League. Honestly, he’s already in that category.
- Alfonso Soriano will look like Stevie Wonder in the outfield and generally frustrate Cubs fans. His diminishing skills will lead to more playing time for Tyler Colvin.
- Carlos Marmol will save 30+ games and walk 60+ batters. My heart will live in my throat all summer.
- Don’t trust anyone whose balls are made of crystal.
- “Polin Trinidad, isn’t that a small island in the Caribbean Ronny?” “Must be Pat”.
Sunday Morning Discussion Question
There are two NFL Wildcard playoff games today. What’s your pleasure? I’ll take Baltimore and Green Bay, but if my streak continues from yesterday I’m heading straight for an 0 for 4 weekend in my pick’em league! What say you?