Happy Monday! Hope everyone enjoyed the long weekend as much as I did. Let’s get right to the VFTB week in review! Don’t miss our discussion question at the end!
- Grabow, Diamond, and Coleman. Sounds like a crappy law firm.
- 1 zambrano 2. zambrano and 3. maybe zambrano
- Gotta love the grease fire that is the Vikings right now, though.
- What the hell am I supposed to do while at work during the summer? Work?!
- We don’t need to cheapen it by adding more teams. The teams should just get better.
- I just pimp-slapped my own arguement with logic.
- No to adding more teams. Just get rid of the moronic Wild Card rule of not letting division teams play each other.
- I’m a purist on this one. Eight is almost too many in my book.
- No to more teams in the playoffs. earn your spots with good seasons, not average ones.
- For $12 million the Cubs got 112 saves and a one-sided fight with a drunken fan. That’s a victory in my book.
- However, since we are a Cubs blog, I think it is high time we list a few things we are thankful for as Cubs fans. We spend every other hour of our waking time listing the shortfalls of following the Cubs, why not give some thanks on Thanksgiving Day?
- Exciting young players like Starlin Castro, Geovany Soto, and Tyler Colvin.
- An amazing history (even if part of it has to do with losing for over a decade)
- Ernie Banks, Ryne Sandberg, & Ron Santo (to name a few)
- The fact that I am not a Cardinals fan.
- I’m thankful that Dusty Baker is managing somewhere else.
- I give thanks today for WGN
- Also I am thankful that, in the absence of championships, the Chicago Cubs STILL have the greatest fans, ballpark, and uniforms in major league baseball.
- Thankful that this year has made me a little more bitter, but hasn’t killed my love for the Cubs.
- I am thankful that they haven’t replaced “Take me out to the ball game” with that awful “God Bless America” during the 7th inning stretch at Wrigley.
- Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! Remember, with each passing holiday the baseball season inches closer.
Monday Morning Discussion Question
Last week Bobbi Wickham brought up an interesting point about seeing someone with a Cubs Milton Bradley jersey, and pondered the reasoning. That got me to thinking …. I’m sure we all have some player t-shirts/jerseys in our closet we may regret owning. Or maybe we’re proud of them. What player-named apparel do you own? I’ll start it off. My jersey is blank but I’ve got t-shirts of Geovany Soto (of course), Ryan Theriot, two DLees, and a Reed Johnson. Not ashamed of any of them. Who do you have? And, do you regret any?