Happy Friday! Before we get started allow me a bit of an administrative interlude. After today, GirlieView will be moving to Mondays. The week’s best will cover the previous Monday through Sunday. This will allow me to actually have a life on Friday evenings. And will give you something to look forward to since Mondays always need an extra little kick anyway. So, we’ll see you back here on October 4. Now, let’s get to this week’s survey.
This is a big one. Eight questions! Get ready! As usual I’m going to keep a tally, and after the season officially ends I’ll report back as to who got the closest!
1. Who will win the AL East?
2. Who will win the AL Central? (This is the freebie. If you get this wrong you are officially out of the game!!!)
3. Who will win the AL West?
4. Who will win the AL Wildcard spot?
5. Who will win the NL East?
6. Who will win the NL Central?
7. Who will win the NL West?
8. Who will win the NL Wildcard spot?
Good luck! No prizes, just some adoration and applause.
- Cubs go cannibal and eat the corpse that was once Soriano, realizing that letting him continue to fester in the dugout sends the message that it’s okay to play shoddy, half-hearted defense and make tons of outs.
- “Cheech” Zambrano
- Also, I’d like eight million dollars, complete education reform in this nation, nice people as politicians, pants whose waistline automatically expands as mine does, a carbon dioxide atmospheric scrubber, and a new leg for Tiny Tim.
- Your rant was rendered less rant-ish by the unintentional ‘sunglasses guy’ emoticon.
- I thought it gave it that “Misspelled Tea Party Protestor Sign” touch that every rant needs.
- “Fundamentals are the most valuable tools a player can possess. Bunt the ball into the ground. Hit the cutoff man. Take the extra base. Learn the fundamentals.”- Dick Williams
- I’m sure you’ll join me in wishing Tyler all the best on a speedy recovery and restful off-season. In a season that turned out to be more about the future than the present, he’s given us all some hope.
- I’d like to see the Cubs go into the 2011 season with a Soto/Castillo catching crew.
- Daver, Fair winds and following seas.
- Every year, around March, we rent a tux, a limo, maybe even purchase a corsage and prepare to lose our World Series virginity.
- Every year our date refuses to put out.
- I am pretty sure one of those years our date threw up on the way to the prom and we turned the limo around and went home
- Philly Phanatic AKA green Q-Bert in a jersey
- I love it when Midwest upstarts beat East/West Coast juggernaughts because it means that the mainstream media (I’m looking at you ESPN) must acknowledge that people live between the Appalachian and Rocky Mountains.
- Only after you have scored, can you get buyers remorse in the morning and hunt for someone you can bring home to meet mama.
- It’s like drinking cough syrup mixed with piss.
- I much prefer rambling on mindlessly about whatever I feel like.
- If that gets you a visit from the FBI I hope you let us know!
- If it gets you a visit from a terrorist I hope you let the FBI know.
- if you aren’t suicidal in Med school, you aren’t applying yourself hard enough.
- I though you worked at a Dominos?