One thing I’ve learned in all this time of maintaining a blog about the Cubs is that there are people who read who are more knowledgeable than others. That being said, I present to you the ground rules for playing in Wrigley Field.
- Fair bounding ball striking railing or screen attached to bleacher wall and rebounding onto playing field: In Play.
- Fair bounding ball lodges in screen attached to bleacher wall: Two Bases.
- Fair batted ball lodges in vines on bleacher wall: Two Bases.
- Fair ball enters vines on bleacher wall and rebounds onto playing field: In Play.
- Fair ball lodges in or under grates in left or right field: Two Bases.
- Ball lodging on, under or in the bullpen seating area: Out of Play.
- Ball enters the bullpen seating area and rebounds out of the seating area: In Play.