As much as I’d like to think the Lizzies are newsworthy, this column is not typically considered to be up there in the breaking news arena. Nevertheless since I’m making the first post since it happened and you may not be aware, I’d be remiss if I didn’t report the Cubs have made a further eight cuts on their roster. The following guys were affected:
Andrew Cashner (P)
Wellington Castillo (C)
Casey Coleman (P)
Thomas Diamond (P)
Brian LaHair (OF)
Blake Parker (P)
Jeff Stevens (P)
So there you go. My news bit of the week.
Last week we voted on which of six Cubs would make the Opening Day roster. We’ll report those results on Opening Day. This week (since Carlos Silva isn’t appearing as useless as many of us once thought) we’ll talk about pitchers. Specifically, starting pitchers.
Which of these pitchers will make at least one start in a regular season game during the month of April?
1. Carlos Silva
2. Jeff Samardzija
3. Ted Lilly
4. Sean Marshall
5. Tom Gorzelany
We’ll revisit on May 1 (happy birthday to me!) and see how everyone did with their predictions!
- 4. [Kevin Millar] Yes (effectively giving us a 24 player roster)
- It was like a flashback to when Titanic was at the Oscars.
- Twas like a lamb led to slaughter, I tell you.
- You now have a valid reason to wander into a Victoria’s Secret location at the mall.
- who are these Rangers stiffs?
- When Ramirez misses his 30 games and if Lee misses any time we’re the Pirates.
- Home is where the heart is…
- Real baseball fans follow the strategy that is happening between the pitcher and the hitter, between the manager and the line up and between the manager and the bench and bullpen.
- I don’t really have a problem with the idea if it allows the team to add to its financial dominance over the NL Central.
- The roster remains as confusing as ever.
- Did Theriot get big bucks for his endorsement deal, or just free Internet for life?
- I actually posed it to my wife today over lunch and surprisingly enough, she didn’t blow it off with a “you’re a moron” type reply.
- didn’t quite make it in the ten commandments, but was one of the last four out
- thanks for providing clarification on #6…things could have gone past PG-13 in a hurry
- would single malt scotch be considered a condiment?
- Milton reaps what he sows.