Originally we had planned on Great Moments in work idiocy, but I’ve decided to issue a challenge to you, the reader, on that topic. E-mail me some good stories you’ve encountered via work. Perhaps they’re related to customers, or that annoying / weird co-worker or boss. Whatever the story, make it good and keep it PG-13. We’ll run some of the better ones next week.
In the meantime, here is a list of questions I received from one of my favorite readers, Tom C, courtesy of his dad. Tom’s an owner of Pepicelli’s Pizza in Ashland, VA. They make a mean pie, I have to admit. I’ve had a chance to get to know Tom and can vouch for his ability. If you’re in the Ashland, VA area, take some time to order from Pepicelli’s.
1. Geovany Soto lost 40 pounds. Is he back?
2. How good is Starlin Castro?
3. Will Aramis play a full year?
4. Will Lou play Koske through May, then send him back to Japan?
5. Can Derrek equal last year?
6. Is there any reason to give Silva more than mop-up innings? He was terrible even when he was good. Why did we get him?
7. Will somebody point out to Carlos Marmol where the plate is?
8. Can Mike Fontenot regain some of his 2008?
9. Jeff Baker’s babip was .374 with the Cubs last year. Will he fall into Mendoza territory?
10. Can Jeff Samardzija pitch?
11. Will we miss Rich Harden?
12. How much further will Alfonso sink?
Let’s get some discussion going on today.