By now you’ve either seen, heard, or at least heard about this morning’s press conference featuring the Ricketts family. What are your thoughts? Are you enthused? Do you feel confident in the new ownership? Are you excited about things to come? Or are you more “wait-and-see”? Maybe you are feeling like all is lost? Let us know what you think!
For what it’s worth, I liked the Ricketts’. I have confidence in them and I actually can’t wait to see the changes they are planning, even if they feel the best action in certain situations is no action. If nothing else I feel that at least someone cares. That in itself makes my outlook positive. How do you feel about it?
In other news, I bought a new car this week. Got rid of my Jeep Commander and got a Toyota Venza. I’m in love with it, which is saying a lot because I never love my car. Just a transport mechanism. But I’m loving this one. I doubt anyone cares about any of this but it’s been awhile since I chit chatted and as we’ve all admitted, there’s not a whole lot of exciting baseball talk lately. At least for the next month or two.
Anybody dressing up for Halloween? Not here, but we do have about five bags of assorted sugary goodies to hand out to the hundreds of little visiting ghosts and goblins. In our town they have Halloween hours … trick or treating is from 5 – 7 pm and that’s it. I like that a LOT. Hope you’re equally blessed in your town.
- Maybe pith just ain’t your bag
- Then we could of had a Alyssa Milano vs. Kate Hudson, what acting have you done lately?, cage match.
- Wait, the baseball season isn’t over?
- Ken Rosenthal mentioned recently that “Multiple teams are in contact the Cubs about outfielder Milton Bradley, with one source saying, “You would be shocked at the level of interest.”. I’m calling B.S.
- players tend to have a big psychological component to their hitting, so if they think a hitting coach can help them, it might
- I’ve already cooked and eaten my batch of crow on Lee. He carried this team and I’d hate to think of how bad it could have gotten without him.
- SWAG (Statistical Wild-Assed Guess)
I’m betting that acronym sticks around here! Have a great weekend and don’t forget to turn your clocks back and change the batteries in your smoke detectors. xxoo