Found a Cubs daily calendar on the desk where I’m currently sitting and it has some fun facts and trivia questions so I’ll share while I wait for the Colts game tonight. I don’t care if you Google the answers but if you do please don’t spoil it for others who may want to guess.
- Who was the Hall of Fame pitcher who said, upon being acquired by the Cubs, “I aint what I used to be, but who the hell is?” (Hint: NOT recent. In fact only a few of you would have been born when this happened. Maybe none of you.)
- In what year and against what team did Greg Maddux throw his first major league shutout? (Hint: We were all born by then. :-) )
- Who is the only player to ever be named MVP of the All-Star game while wearing a Cubs uniform? (Some of you were born and some of you weren’t. I was.)
- Three Cubs pitchers share the franchise record for games appeared in a season (84). Who are they?
- The Cubs franchise record for consecutive strikeouts by a pitcher is eight. Which two pitchers have done this in the 21st century? (We were all born for this one!)