BJ Ryan maks an appearance
Well, you gotta lose sometime, but what a weird game last night. Oswalt leaves early due to injury. A ball gets lost in the pitchers baseball jersey. Very very strange stuff. We’re out of 1st again, so let’s put the pressure on St. Louis again with a win today.
- Tough outing for Dempster. Do you think it’s related to rust, the toe still bothering him, or just a bad outing?
- Bullpen Monday = outstanding…..Bullpen Tuesday = not so much.
- Justin Berg was sent down to make room for Dempster, and I’m not sure I would have went that route. I think Samardzija was the guy to go.
- All this talk about the Cubs not having a catcher in the system to backup is garbage. You mean to tell me that we’ve got no one down there that can hit .198 in the Majors and catch a ballgame every so often? That’s what Koyie is hitting right now. I’m sorry, but I’m not buying the bridge Hendry and some of you are trying to sell me. I’d like to see Jeff Baker gone and Chris Robinson added to the 40 man roster and called up to backup Hill so we can actually afford to use a guy like Jake Fox at other positions and not worry about the fact that your backup catcher is on the field and could get hurt.
- Big ups to Mark Buehrle on another great outing, breaking the consecutive hitless innings record. Not so much on his appearance on David Letterman.
Minor League Notes
- B.J. Ryan pitched a scoreless inning of relief for Iowa, allowing a walk, but no hits.
- Casey Fossum got hit hard in his five inning start, allowing five earned runs. Just when I bragged on him too.
- Aaron Miles doesn’t appear to be coming back to this team. He’s hitting .222 in Iowa with a .234 OBP.
- Josh Harrison earned Florida State League Player of the Week honors after two great series versus the St. Lucie Mets and Palm Beach Cardinals. Harrison batted .423 (11-26) over the last week and stole seven bases.
- Craig Muschko pitched 6.0 scoreless innings
- Alvaro Ramirez was 3-for-5
- Jordan Petraitis was 3-for-4
Top Prospect Tracker
Jovan Rosa is batting .310 with 16 RBIs and two steals in 19 games with the Chiefs. (Scott Jontes/MiLB.com)