About Last Night: Farm Report
- Kevin Hart made his third start since moving from the bullpen to the rotation, and it was one of his best outings of the year. He tossed 6 innings, only allowing 1 ER on a homer. He struck out 7 and didn’t walk anyone. He’s pitched 14 innings out of the rotation and has only allowed 2 runs.
- John-Ford Griffin, who I’m not sure where he came from, went 3-for-3 with a double and a triple.
- Chris Robinson went 2 for 3 with a double and an RBI.
- The Rescuers hd
- May 31st, 2009…a day that will live in infamy for Robinson Chirinos. He went 3-for-5 with 2 HR and 8, count ’em, 8 RBI. Both HR were grand slams.
- Andrew Cashner got the start and went four innings. I’m concerned at how long it’s taking him to make the transition to longer outings as a starter.
- Josh Vitters set the Chiefs single month franchise record for homers when he hit his 12th in May with one on and one out in the ninth. He finished the game 2-for-4 with a homer, two RBI and a run scored. Vitters is now tied for the MWL lead in homers and leads the league in slugging percentage and total bases.
- Junior Lake had a career-high seven game hit streak end by going 0-for-3 with a walk
- Jeff Beliveau went 4.1 innings in his start, allowing 1 ER on 3 hits, but striking out 7 and walking 4. He probably could have gone longer had he kept the pitch count down.
Catching Up on Roster Moves
Francisco Guzman added to Peoria from Extended Spring
Steve Clevenger promoted from Tennessee to Iowa
Mark Reed promoted from Daytona to Tennessee
Jesse Estrada was released
James Russell has been promoted to Iowa from Tennessee
Marco Carrillo has been promoted to Tennessee from Daytona
David Cales has been demoted to Daytona from Tennessee to make room for the return of Jeremy Papelbon from the DL