A late lunch for the farm today as I took a lunch out with the wife and toddler at Moe’s Southwest Grill. Unfortunately we were not greeted with the customary “Welcome to Moe’s!!!!”, but oh well. That being said, here is your late lunch on the farm.
AAA – Iowa Cubs lost to the Albuquerque Isotopes (no that wasn’t just in the Simpsons) by a score of 3-1, which is a low scoring affair for that park.
- Jeff Samardzija got the start and went four innings, striking out four hitters and walking just one. He allowed two hits and no runs in the outing, which is encouraging to see. I’m curious as to what is ultimate role on this team will be, not just for this year but for the future. I know he wants to be a starting pitcher, but I really like him in the pen this year because it may lessen my fears a little.
- JR Mathis came in to relieve Samardzija and got bombed in the 7th inning for three runs.
- So Taguchi went 0-for-3. He’s hitting .154 on the year and I can’t figure out why we kept him on the roster. We have plenty of OF already and Taguchi doesn’t really add anything to the team, especially at 39 years of age. Why keep him to take away time from someone else?
AA – Tennessee Smokies lost to the Jacksonville Suns 2-0
- Tony Thomas, who has been crazy hot of late, went 0-for-4 with four big strikeouts. Baseball is just a funny game like that. One minute you’re having the time of your life and hitting the ball all over the place, the next minute you can’t make a lick of contact.
- Steven Clevenger went 2-for-4 with a couple of singles out of the catcher position. He’s starting the year in AA after being promoted from High A Daytona late last year.
High A – Daytona Cubs beat the Brevard County Manatees 6-5
- Dylan Johnston went 2-for-5 with a HR
- Jonathan Wyatt had a 2-for-4 day with a pair of singles and a base on balls.
- Tyler Colvin went 1-for-2 with three walks as he trys to rehab and get himself up to Iowa.
Top Prospect Tracker