Filed under General
I hope your day is going well so far. I wanted to drop some misc. thoughts on you at lunchtime and see what your thoughts are.
- Revelation hd Resident Evil: Apocalypse download A Good Man Is Hard to Find rip The Tale of Despereaux dvd
- Jim Hendry is reportedly seeking left handed help for a lineup that was terribly right handed in 2008. Names rumored are Brian Roberts and Raul Ibanez, who I mentioned for RF a week or so ago. The question then becomes what you do with Kosuke Fukudome if you bring in Ibanez. You can’t possibly find enough at bats for the both of them in RF, so Fukudome would have to either be traded, demoted to Iowa, or quietly negotiated out of his contract and shipped back to Japan. I don’t think I’d go that far, but Al Yellon of Bleed Cubbie Blue thinks that will be what happens. What’s the answer? I’d like to see Fukudome start the year in Iowa and if he succeeds, platoon him with Ibanez in RF and Pie in CF.
- According to the NY Post, the Braves are leading the campaign to trade for Jake Peavy. I don’t think Peavy is essential to us winning the world series next year, but you certainly would agree that it would go a long way toward that goal. The main hurdle I see for Hendry and the Padres is the fact that we have intentions of bringing Ryan Dempster back. Because they’re not going to bring in both, it puts Hendry in a pickle. The Padres want to get the done soon and I don’t see Dempster getting signed early.
- Andrew Jones has reportedly asked for a trade. Is there anyone in all of baseball that doesn’t deserve the right to ask for something more than Jones? Who’s going to want him and his contract? You think the Cubs had a hard time moving Jacque Jones in 2007, wait till you see what the Dodgers would have to eat to move Jones anywhere.
- Taco Bell is running a free taco promo during the World Series. Stay tuned to their website on MLB.com here.