Filed under General
- Two members of the Cubs DSL team were suspended for 50 games due to performance enhancing drugs. Jesse Lebron – RHP and Alexander Mejia – 1B will begin serving the suspensions, which will essentially shelve then for the year. Taking a look at Lebron’s stats it appears that the PED’s were not helping much. Imagine how bad he would be without them.
- MLB is looking into a rumored gambling issue ran by Frank Falzarano, a former Washington Nationals’ scout. People thought that Tim Donaghy was the only ref to gamble on his games. When all goes down, that’s going to be false. Some think that gambling isn’t an issue in baseball after Rose was banned, but as time goes on, that’s going to prove false as well. Mike Fish of ESPN has more on the story in his column.
- Vine Line, the Cubs “news” magazine, caught up with Jeff Samardzija for a few questions recently. Unfortunately none of the questions were baseball related. I can’t say that I’m surprised that a person working for the team would shy away from tough questions, but it would still be nice to ask him something Without Evidence movie download baseball related, even if it was a lob type question for him to knock out of the park. If you’d like to read the questions, they’re here.
- I’m weighing the idea of doing audio recaps of the game, beginning Sept. 1st and heading into the playoffs. Yes, I said it…the Playoffs. I’d love to get your feedback on if that would interest you. The post would have a built in media player for you to use and you would be able to get the posts via iTunes. Please take a minute to vote in the poll to the left. I’d appreciate it.
- If you had a chance to read through Fake Team Friday – Week 1, I mentioned that I would have web reports for you. Before you totally dismiss this idea of Fake Team Friday, take a look at the web reports and see how cool it is. Trust me, it’s in depth. – Web Reports