- Tony Thomas adjusting to Florida State League – (Source)
- IMDB review the new Indiana Jones movie – (Source)
- Rich Hill has been DL’d in Iowa – (Source)
- Chad Fox sent to DL (please let his career with the Cubs be over) and Jose Ascanio recalled. (Source)
- Jake Peavy headed to the shelf – (Source)
Ryan Dempster struck out a career-high 12 batters in his last outing against the Padres, and nearly posted a complete-game shutout. It’s the first time he’s pitched in the ninth inning since his days as a closer at the end of last season. The right-hander gave up six hits over 8 1/3 innings in his longest outing of the season. The Cubs now are 7-2 when Dempster starts.
Chris Sampson struggled in his last outing against the Giants on May 15, yielding seven runs — five earned — on 10 hits over six innings. It was a step back from his previous start, when he induced nine ground-ball outs over seven shutout frames against the Dodgers. Sampson faced the Cubs in his first start of the season on April 4 at Wrigley Field, taking a no-decision after allowing two runs over six frames.
- The former shortstop shows tremendous command over a deep arsenal that includes a sinker, slider, splitter, curveball and change-up.
- Given his relatively mediocre fastball, he needs to maintain that command throughout the game or else he gets hit hard.
- A back-of-the-rotation starter or long reliever.
- 1-0, 3.46 in last 13IP
News & Notes
- Blake Lalli hit 2 extra-base hits
- Jake Fox hit 2 extra-base hits
- Andres Torres hit 2 extra-base hits
- Kevin Hart struck out 6 batters and only allowed 2 earned runs over 5.0 innings pitched yesterday
- Matt Murton was 2-for-3 with a home run
(AAA) – Iowa Cubs – Won vs. Omaha (5-4)
(AA) – Tennessee Smokies – Lost vs. Montgomery (5-11)
(High A) – Daytona Cubs – Lost vs. Clearwater (3-4)
(A) – Peoria Chiefs – Lost to Quad Cities (0-6)
(SS) – Boise Hawks open their season June 17th
(RK) – Arizona Cubs open their season June 22nd
View the full organizational report courtesy of First Inning here.