Filed under General
Each year sportswriters from around the world spend lots of time making their predictions for the season. With that in mind, here are mine, though the spending lots of time thing did not happen.
- Kosuke Fukudome will shorten the name on the back of his jersey to just the first four letters to give the finger to RF fans after they begin to boo him for his poor start to the season.
- The Cubs will win the NL Central by at least 10 games.
- Lou Piniella will be ejected from four game throughout the course of the season, but will not be issued a suspension.
- Rich Hill will, once again, lead the staff in strikeouts.
- Jon Leiber will replace Jason Marquis in the starting rotation after Marquis is traded to the Red Sox. Lieber will promptly get injured and open the door for Sean Marshall to step in.
- Derrek Lee will fail to drive in 100 runs or hit 30 home runs, but will win the gold glove.
- Kerry Wood will make one trip to the DL this season, and will finish the year with 22 saves.
- Alfonso Soriano will have one of his legs fall off during the season and be forced to play the rest of the year on one leg. This injury will finally cause him to go to Lou and ask to be put in the fifth spot to avoid the pressure of stealing bases on one leg.
- Aramis Ramirez will be thrown out at first by a right fielder one time during the regular season.
- Fukudome and Geovany Soto will finish second and third in the Rookie of the Year voting behind Joey Votto of the Reds.
- The sale of the team will not take place during the season.
- Ryan Theriot will cement his spot at the top of the order will a breakout season at the plate.
- The St. Louis Cardinals will finish last in the division and the Pittsburgh Pirates will finish fourth.