I love my PS3. I also love my newest addition, MLB 08 The Show. As any Cub fan would do, the first thing I did when I got the game was start a new franchise with my beloved Cubbies. I’ve run through about 20 games of the season, so I thought I’d share a few things that stand out…
- Despite going 15-5, the Cubs are in 3rd place behind the Brewers and get this, the Reds
- Carlos Zambrano and Ted Lilly have combined to go 5-0 with an ERA around 2, while the rest of the starting rotation is 4-3 with an ERA in the mid-4s.
- Ryan Dempster, who is the Cubs closer in the game, has already blown 2 saves, has an ERA of 7.00, and is no longer my closer as of last night. Kerry Wood will be my closer as I must match reality as closely as possible.
- Tom Jung, aka Kosuke Fukudome, has been just OK, hitting around .250 with a couple homeruns, but does have two game winning hits already.
- Alfonso Soriano and Derrek Lee lead the team in home runs with 7 a piece, while Soriano has the best batting average of any regular, hitting .337.
- The bullpen has been very good with the trio of Carlos Marmol, Bob Howry, and Kerry Wood all competing for innings. Scott Eyre, whose virtual shoulder is healthy, has yet to give up a run in 10 appearances.
- Felix Pie is hitting in the low .300s with 4 stolen bases.
Those are the highlights, and I’m sure all of us will be thrilled if the Cubbies jump out to a 15-5 start. Curious about other’s performances? Just ask!