Filed under General
Wow, Carl Everett has decided to sound off on a number of issues, including baseball fans, Wrigley field, and gays. Take a look.
- Everett has had gay teammates, whom he has accepted, but: “Gays being gay is wrong. Two women can’t produce a baby, two men can’t produce a baby, so it’s not how it’s supposed to be. … I don’t believe in gay marriages. I don’t believe in being gay.”
- Wrigley Field is the worst park in the majors: “They need to implode Wrigley.”
- Most baseball fans don’t know diddly: “Fan is short for fanatic — he’s crazy about something he really doesn’t know about. And it’s proven that 99 percent of baseball fans have no idea what they’re watching.”
- Jose Canseco is a “bitter, ignorant individual.”
- The congressional hearings examining steroid use were a waste: “We have a war going on — I have family in that war — yet we’re talking about steroids. … If everybody in the world got on steroids, we’ll still lose more kids to a war than we will from steroids.”
So Carl, why don’t you tell us how you REALLY feel?