I’m so far removed from this Cubs season already I almost forgot to write a GirlieView this week! Say it isn’t so!!!
Some exciting things happened this week!
- MLB approved the Ricketts purchase.
- St. Louis is one game away from being in the same post season situation as the Cubs were last year.
- I received an offline suggestion for the name of the “best of the week” Lizzie … the Lizard! And as soon as I heard it, I knew that was it! Honorable mention to Seymour’s Spam suggestion … “a solid American product with a decent sized smirk factor” but sadly with a bad rap ever since it came to mean junk mail.
- Ted Lilly is so much more the pitcher than Z will ever be
- Jennie Finch will be our new closer. She’s likely to have more strikeouts than Gregg and Marmol combined.
- I just heard that Mr. Drummond bought the team from the Ricketts family.
- I hope Mrs. Garrett gets put in charge of consessions.
- Alfonso is going to have to be on a very short leash in 2010.
This Week’s Lizard: It’s over
Have a nice weekend everyone! 🙂