Quick Weekly Wrapup
Friday, 08/21: @ Los Angeles Dodgers, L (2-1)
Saturday 08/22: @ Los Angeles Dodgers, L (2-0)
Sunday 08/23: @ Los Angeles Dodgers, W (3-1)
Monday 08/24: off
Tuesday 08/25: vs. Washington, L (15-6)
Wednesday 08/26: vs. Washington, W (9-4)
Thursday 08/27: vs. Washington, L (5-4)
Question of the Week
Let’s play a game. (We’ve got nothing else to do for the rest of the season!) I’m going to list off a random collection of Cubs (this week, pitchers), you tell me whether you would like to see them on the team next year. You can justify your choices if you want, or you can just give a simple yes/no. (For the cynics among us, I know that we won’t be able to wave a magic wand and get rid of these folks … contracts and no-trade stuff and maybe even the fact that no one else will want them will certainly play a role. But not here. Here, you are the almighty, and you can vote however you want regardless of whether it can actually happen or not.) Results in next week’s GirlieView. Please don’t spend time telling others why their choices are wrong. We already know we won’t all agree. Just play along and give your own choices. Here you go!
Which of these Cubs do you want to see on the team next year? (Pitchers Edition)
- Ryan Dempster
- Tom Gorzelanny
- John Grabow
- Kevin Gregg
- Angel Guzman
- Rich Harden
- Aaron Heilman
- Ted Lilly
- Carlos Marmol
- Sean Marshall
- David Patton
- Jeff Samardzija
- Jeff Stevens
- Randy Wells
- Carlos Zambrano
(too much to choose from this week, so I picked lots!)
- remember who your worst enemy is Milton – you see him every morning when you shave
- It won’t be the same when the 69 guys go to the Wrigley Field in the sky.
- This ugly August has shredded any reason for confidence.
- The Cubs are buried in the grave that they have dug for themselves.
- If they roll over, so be it, but here’s hoping they go down like they’re defending the Alamo.
- Triples. That is all.
- Stand up triples? Or all triples?
- Only those in which the runner must slide feet first and to the home plate side of the bag.
- Well, that’s fair. For a moment, I thought you were being ridiculous.
- I’m never ridiculous.
- I thought the Cubs made a clear statement in LA. It just wasn’t one any of us wants to hear.
- I bet he wears sunglasses at night though.
- The prize should be an AAron Miles baseball card.
- Loser gets one, too, but it’s signed.
- The photo of Aron Miles on his baseball card is life sized.
- We won’t even get started on how he offered to show a female reporter his shirtless physique to prove he isn’t lazy. (Note from Liz: ewww)
- Every real cub fan must admit, That this year’s team has played like shit
- Plus he’s got a cool name. [Rebel Ridling]
- nice job representing, Joe. Also, nice job of staying off the topics of Milt and health care. and BABIP.
- I guess I can unblock the month of October on my social calendar now.
- I’m glad [Zambrano] “felt good” out there, because I was feeling rather nauseous at home watching him.
- We’d be lucky to get a purple goat with the number 4 shaved on his side out of some lady’s trunk.
- DeRosa has sucked balls this year.
- One has the stuff and no brains, one has the brain and no stuff.
- Bradley’s yap needs a filter.