Buddy’s Best – Bombogenesis
Seriously, bombogenesis? This is a real weather term? I would have bet money that it was the name of a crappy Genesis tribute band. And if that was the case, Len Kasper would be able to tell you when and where they’re playing this year. At any rate, you didn’t comment on bombogenesis this week, but you had plenty to say about other topics. Here are a few highlights, in no particular order:
- We should sign R.A. Dickey or make a splash with Colon.
- Had a paper route at 9 and have worked every day of my life since.
- My favorite Angel Guzman story was watching him walk down Waveland Avenue after a game with fans swarming all around him like flies and he just kept right on walking, ignoring the whole bunch of them.
- Who’s going to call people idiots in your stead?
- When I go to Starbucks I hold my nose until I can get out the door.
- When I get coffee or tea at Starbucks I always say my name is Bob.
- Like most people, Arrieta likes making money.
- Anyone who pays him for more than 4 years will be way overpaying.
- Here’s the thing about Jake that intrigues me. Consider HOF’er Dennis Eckersley. When he went to the A’s, after 12 years of decent starting pitching, they turned him into a closer. Why? Because he was practically unhittable in his first three or four innings every start. So is Jake.
- I have a wicked 45mph curve ball that has a 4 foot drop, mainly due to gravity, but it is a tough pitch to hit.
Question of the week: What is your favorite Cubs team of all team? It’s an easy choice for me—the 1984 Cubs. That was the first time in my entire life that the Cubs made the postseason. What say you?