Buddy’s Best – Hot Stove Chatter
Ohtani finally lands in MLB. Stanton waves his no-trade clause and changes leagues. The Cubs pick up a few new arms. Machado rumors spread like wild fire. Maddon speaks to the media. Here’s what you had to say about it all…
1. I wouldn’t want to play in St. Louis either.
2. You know what amazes me, $38M being low risk.
3. Starlin is one of those players who has value, but always on another team.
4. There is no Machado story. Click bait.
5. We need another October failure to get Maddon out of here.
6. Last season we had an over under on how many different lead off hitters Maddon would use at 7.5. I think in 2018 the over under should be 10.5.
7. Why do the expected when you might impress somebody with an innovation?
8. I wouldn’t pay the price for Machado—they’ll want way too much talent.
9. At this point I’d take any lead off hitter who actually has some lead off hitter credentials.
10. There are no poor Major League ball players.
And now for this week’s question…if the jolly fat guy from up north could bring the Cubs any present this year, what should it be?