Buddy’s Best – If It Ain’t Broke
They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Basically, that’s a nice way of saying it is OK to steal somebody else’s great idea, which is essentially what I’m doing. At least I’m honest about it.
The Lizzies are the gold standard—the rest of us are just fighting for second place. So with that in mind, here are a few recent comments (in no particular order) that got my attention, hurt my brain, made me chuckle, and more. Enjoy this week’s list, and keep the comments coming!
- If St. Louis gets both Stanton and Arrieta, I think they can only afford to put 5 other players on the field.
- A good edger is hard to find.
- Pretty sure Ray Walston is still dead.
- I think it is obvious Arrieta is a quality 5 inning starter that will be over paid for a period of time that is way too long.
- In 3,800 at bats against major league pitching, how many home runs do you think you could hit?
- Pandering is not attractive.
- Dying is actually on my bucket list, but I’m saving it for last.
- Pickins are slim in the off-season.
- If Rondon is not going to be the 8th inning guy, he does not deserve $6 million.
- Giving Brad Hand a job doesn’t seem very appealing to me.
Lizzie used to close her Girlie View column with a question, so I’ll steal that idea, too. If you were starting a major league team from scratch, and every single current player was available for you to draft, who would you take #1 overall, and why?