- Lizzie = A funny, timely, and/or interesting quote made on the VFTB site by our writers or commenters.
- Lizard = The best Lizzie.
- MVL = Most Valuable Lizzie’ers: Those with the most Lizzies in the period under review (usually the past two weeks.)
- Top 10 of the 2017 Season = The folks with the most aggregate Lizzie points YTD (1 point for every Lizzie, 3 points for every Lizard.)
As you already know, this is all completely subjective and according to my whims.
- a five year old showed me how to stop my phone number from showing up on reply posts . . . if I can just remember what he said again . . .
- I don’t see his phone number. MLB has blacked it out.
- Forget Brad’s number, give out Donna’s number.
- Doc is a smart man.
- Do you think Maadon drank enough to forget to pull Hendricks out in the 6th tonight?
- For all the bitching we have done about Genius Joe’s iPad and the Cubs Lackeysidaysical play the first half you do have to say this: The Cubs are playing their best ball right now and have a lot of energy. No one looks tired. They look ready. Are they better than the Nats and/or whoever else they may or may not play I don’t know. But they look ready so for that Genius Joe’s iPad paid off. The Cubs are having fun again.
- I’ve always liked this Maddon fellow
- The Iowa Cubs, err, the Chicago Catchers, no.. The 2017 Central Division Champions (there it is!)
- Professor Kyle Hendricks’ final lecture of the season was masterful
- Happ is not a good centerfielder, but he is dangerous at the plate. It will be interesting to see how Maddon gets him ABs in the post-season.
- Cardinals home in October.
- Business done, division in hand, party complete
- Today is Len Elimination Day.
- John Lackey appears headed to the bullpen, which will give many of us reason to be relieved.
- Jimi gets game 1, the Cubs are on the right track.
- His name is Kyle. If I had wanted people to call him Jimi, I’d have named him Jimi.
- I’m OK with Doc calling him Jimi, otherwise I get confused and think he’s talking about me and how I pitched in game 7.
- I heard a Theo interview on the Score where he said Murphy is 0 for 6 against Wilson, and that Murphy is a big consideration because of 2015.
- Murphy doesn’t have a hit off me in his career either, why am I not on the roster?
- Taking Baez out would be a mistake. We are not going to win this series by out-slugging Washington.
- You might want to tell Javy that–he’s swinging at everything like it’s gonna be a 5-run home run.
- You’re literally the worst Cubs fan I’ve ever seen.
- We could create a whole new professional baseball league with all of the brilliant baseball minds out there.
- The Offense – There was little. The End.
- I looked on the radar, but I didn’t see the massive cloud of irony that is surely floating over Wrigley this morning: Dusty pulls his starter early and the reliever immediately gives up the tying run?
- the Twitter
- If there is anything upon which I can reflect today, it is that, despite the mind-numbing stress and torture playoff baseball gives me, I am living in a golden era of Chicago Cubs baseball.
- Big shout outs to Colin Kruse and Kyle Hendricks’ Mom for their first 2017 Season Lizzies!!!! Thanks for being here!
- Congratulations to Michael Stevens, Doc Raker, and Brad Lyerla, our Most Valuable Lizzie-ers this time around! Thank you all for everything you contribute here!
Top 10 of the 2017 Season
(one point for each Lizzie, three points for the Lizard)
2. Doc Raker
3. cap’n realist
4. Eddie von White
5. Doug S.
5. Michael Stevens
8. Adam Peters
9. Jerry in Wisconsin
- Housekeeping Item: cap’n realist won the “game 1 starting lineup” contest I ran in the last GirlieView. I gave three points for the correct player at the correct position in the correct order, two points for the player and position (wrong spot in the batting order) and one point for a correct starting player. Thanks cap’n, CAPS, Doug S., Doc Raker, jswanson, and Jerry in Wisconsin for playing along!
- Chit Chat: When this column posts we will all be doing our usual speculating (read: hand wringing, teeth gnashing, garment tearing, Xanax popping) since it will be a mere four or five hours until game time. What are you doing while we wait? Are you excited? Nervous? Confident? Pessimistic? Tell us!